British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Championship Pairs - Sep 1st

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Yep, you have that we have the league, sorted :D :t:

Surely Poole made Bomber and Basso the riders they are today :D

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just as minor point how did we finish 3rd but get 2 and 4 in both finals? Bit weird but we'll take it!!

Coin toss.

Outstanding win for Glasgow.

I’ve never witnessed them win a trophy (I started at Coatbridge in 1975!) so thank you BSN.

And the celebrations showed how much it means to everyone at the club.

Getting the best of Charles Wright and Danny King twice was no mean feat, and the way in which they rode showed what pairs is all about.

• Like 2

Fantastic win, well deserved. Beat Poole, Oxford and Redcar five times from five heats.

Redcar well worthy of second, Lewis Kerr was brilliant most of the night for Oxford too.

Batch needs dispatched.

• Like 4

After an iffy start turned into a really good pairs meeting with some excellent racing when any of the three top teams met. Well done to Glasgow who thoroughly deserved their victory with Chris Harris the rider of the night. His team riding in the semi was epic and in stark contrast to Charles Wright in the final, who was busting a gut to win the race when he should have dropped back to try to help his partner into third.

Also a special mention for young Max Perry taking a fine heat win.

And finally - where was Cami?

• Like 4

Proud of the the Bandits tonight, didn’t sit around and moan about the track conditions, just went out on the track and gave it their best shot. 

Congratulations to Glasgow!

Whatever happened to the fours by the way? Always loved the fours and would love to see them return. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Hilarious nonsense about BSN.

Actually I will stand by my comments on tonight's commentary. 

Edited by Monarchs2468
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha, I said it at beginning of the meeting! lol. If I say it during the playoffs you might have a point. Never been a fan of a pairs competition. I can just about make do with SoN. 

Every heat in every league meeting is a competition of one pair against another. The point score differential and trying not to finish last should make it more intriguing. How to ride Pairs was expertly demonstrated by Bomber especially in the semi final in keeping Lewis Kerr at the back and protecting Basso. Compare that to Rich Lawson in the first semi, he just didn't know how to do the same with Danny King in order to give Ben Cook a chance of getting into third , eventually King passed Richard to take second and make it a 7-2. Difference between night and day. 

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Like 1

Best pair won , excellent from bomber  in the 2 main races, intelligent riding, 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yep, you have that we have the league, sorted :D :t:

Lisa on it again she never stops this one ...jesus wept Lisa what's the matter with u hen were u dropped on your head at birth ...you have the league sorted do you well why were u lot objecting to tigers signing a pole then raging we signed a Russian...but its sorted hmmm ok then .. I don't know why glasgow even bother if it's already sorted ???

59 minutes ago, iainb said:

I know... I can read and everything... if that's the way you want to run your sport... you get the sport you deserve

Stop been a prat

8 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Best pair won , excellent from bomber  in the 2 main races, intelligent riding, 

Harris team riding was a thing of beauty. 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I know... I can read and everything... if that's the way you want to run your sport... you get the sport you deserve

I don’t know why people are getting stressed about a coin toss. It’s not just a speedway thing! It’s literally done in almost every other sport. In fact, it’s the 8th option (eighth, not 800th) for deciding a tiebreaker in the groups of the FIFA World Cup. The biggest sporting competition in the world. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Barabas said:

Lisa on it again she never stops this one ...jesus wept Lisa what's the matter with u hen were u dropped on your head at birth ...you have the league sorted do you well why were u lot objecting to tigers signing a pole then raging we signed a Russian...but its sorted hmmm ok then .. I don't know why glasgow even bother if it's already sorted ???

Can you stop being a pratt, giving Glasgow a bad name, there is no need to make derogatory comments about lisa Collette

12 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Stop been a prat

If you're going to insult me, at least do it in English you silly tart!