British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, justathought said:

As far as I can make out, Bike. 

...Does he only have one bike then, as he's missing from today's fixtures too?

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I don't know, I'm not he. And, does it really matter, he ain't there, that's for sure. 

Edited by justathought

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Led to believe the Scottish police still have his number 1 bike after the incident at armadale the other week,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Neila said:

Led to believe the Scottish police still have his number 1 bike after the incident at armadale the other week,

He’s got that back, only the engine was salvaged from it. He then bent another one at Ipswich during the week. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justathought said:

As far as I can make out, Bike. 

Get some of those old engines back in his bikes, they were VERY quick 

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2023 at 9:18 AM, iainb said:

So it's everybody else's fault? Smh

No Cookie for you to blame for  todays poor showing. Wondering who the scapegoat is for you  today ?

1 hour ago, Fullmax said:

No Cookie for you to blame for  todays poor showing. Wondering who the scapegoat is for you  today ?

At least every rider wearing a Lions race suit was visibly trying and not pulling up after a lap... and that will do me

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

Yes cookies gone 

There is a god

Replaced by Kerr at Leicester for Thursday and beyond.

Boy does this guy need help outside of speedway. He's now been suspended for withholding his services for Edinburgh. I think he needs to do himself (more importantly than the speedway world) a favour and call it a day. Its no good him relying on speedway for an income because he is unfortunately unemployable. When Leicester re-opened in 2011, I got back into speedway and Craig was the dog's B*ll*cks around BP and I dreamed of seeing him in Lion's colours. Times have changed and I prefer to remember those days before this sad demise. 

• Like 7

What is actually going on with Craig Cook? Whats known? I haven’t been here long, but but one of the most notable things on this forum is the cloak-and-dagger approach to Craig Cook.

I remember when Cook was unreal for Edinburgh. I went through to Armadale a few times in around 2013 and he was frightening. Didn’t he help Dan Bewley? Kyle Bickley too. When he was in the GP, was he the first Premier League rider to do so since Carl Stonehewer?

The CLRC was the first speedway meeting I watched this year. I tuned-in to find a disgrace of a line-up for such an event, but Cook was a reassuring and notable name within it.

He retired from his first ride, then withdrew from the meeting. The commentator said he ”didn’t have a bike”. I’m sorry, what? I didn’t realise you pulled-up to the tapes in a goat for your first ride. Now, he’s withholding his services from Edinburgh.

Accountability is absent, it seems, both in Craig Cook’s actions and Richie Worrall’s statement; terrible conduct.

• Sad 1

In terms of team building for this season Glasgow definitely made the right call getting him out the team.

On his day he was an absolute monster on a speedway bike(pun intended) but sadly those days are long gone and reading the article about him in the paper I have no sympathy for him either.

• Sad 1

Difficult to know what to make of the Craig Cook situation without knowing the whole story. What is clear is that not to many seasons ago Craig was right up there as one of the top riders at Championship level and a very decent rider at Premiership level, now he is a shadow of that rider, which is sad to see but time moves on and maybe Craig`s time has come to do something else.

18 minutes ago, ch958 said:

we need to be careful - if something awful happens (i don't need to spell it out) one wouldn't want to think they bore any responsibility, the lad is struggling, now is not the time to kick him.

I've had mental health issues - luckily I didn't have random strangers berating me. 

Well said,the quicker people left the guy alone,the better.

• Thanks 1