British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Birmingham 30/8/23 Championship

4 hours ago, lbw said:

Lawson's nasty tumble at Redcar.....hope he's back in the saddle soon :t:

https://twitter.com/Pinktuck/status/1695871040918827400?t=M8Wymn1ruKhUwDC0ILTQ_w&s=01

Richard reports nothing broken, just some ligament damage and a badly swollen ankle. Resting up.

He's included in the Poole 1-7 (if fit). Brummies have Josh Pickering guesting for Morris.

This will be Kyle Newman's last outing at 2 and Anders at 6 before they swap for September

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Unless Birmingham have booked him already.

Correct Josh is guesting for Brum! 

4 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Douglas for Poole or is he to high? 

Much too high

7 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Douglas for Poole or is he to high? 

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Much too high

It is only half a point too high if you add on 5% for Richard for being at home takes it up to exactly 9! King, Wright, Howarth, Schlein best choices. Scott Nicholls also fits btw, but prob not a choice for obvious reasons. But not stopping Josh guesting for Brum when could affect Edinburgh. 

49 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It is only half a point too high if you add on 5% for Richard for being at home takes it up to exactly 9! King, Wright, Howarth, Schlein best choices. Scott Nicholls also fits btw, but prob not a choice for obvious reasons. But not stopping Josh guesting for Brum when could affect Edinburgh. 

0.51 too high at home (0.94 away) which for a sport that works to 1/100 of a point is quite a lot!

If Dan Bewley is allowed to replace Lawson in the Premiership then he should be allowed to do it in the Championship.

Yes it would be laughable if allowed but equally outsiders would raise the question why isn't it allowed when it's the same riders involved.

Anyways our Rocket Man is better than Dan......maybe :D

54 minutes ago, lbw said:

If Dan Bewley is allowed to replace Lawson in the Premiership then he should be allowed to do it in the Championship.

Yes it would be laughable if allowed but equally outsiders would raise the question why isn't it allowed when it's the same riders involved.

Anyways our Rocket Man is better than Dan......maybe :D

Sadly none of the promoters have signed up to my suggestion that riders should have a single weighted GSA, so until then I'm afraid no - it is a logical corollary of the current system that such pairs of riders will exist.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 2:21 PM, Dickie Head said:

Unless Birmingham have booked him already.

It looks like Birmingham's easy option rather than to sign a permanent replacement for Nick Morris was to book Josh Pickwickering for as many of the remaining fixtures as possible (except for the meeting up in Edinburgh of course) - A semi-permanent guest #1 kind of arrangement kind of thing is probably better than having someone different every meeting.

3 hours ago, uk_martin said:

It looks like Birmingham's easy option rather than to sign a permanent replacement for Nick Morris was to book Josh Pickwickering for as many of the remaining fixtures as possible (except for the meeting up in Edinburgh of course) - A semi-permanent guest #1 kind of arrangement kind of thing is probably better than having someone different every meeting.

Little known fact

Charles Dickens favourite Speedway rider was Josh Pickwickering. 

I read it in the papers.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Little known fact

Charles Dickens favourite Speedway rider was Josh Pickwickering. 

I read it in the papers.

Does this story have a Twist in it? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

Does this story have a Twist in it? :rolleyes:

Yes Lawson is riding!:t:

This is probably more relevant to those that know me personally...........it's 245am and I'm just getting ready to leave for WINborne road. Message for Val.....I've cleaned me teggies and had a shave :D

Out the door at 315am to catch the local bus into the city then hopping on the National Express arriving Bournemouth 1210pm and finally the local bus over to Poole

I will av a snooze on the way and also me Costa in London Victoria.

Love Pirates Love speedway :t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1