British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Birmingham 30/8/23 Championship

10 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Charles Dickens favourite Speedway rider was Josh Pickwickering. 

Charles Dickens is also amongst the younger end of the speedway fan age spectrum too. :rofl:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Charles Dickens is also amongst the younger end of the speedway fan age spectrum too. :rofl:

• It was said he penned a Speedway novel  called "Low Expectations" that was never published! :rolleyes:
  • Haha 3

In London Victoria in plenty of time to av me Costa flat white :t:

Looking forward to seeing Ben Cook & Joe Thompson ride, not forgetting the rest of the Pirates.

Watched both the Thompson's progress at Leicester & I never thought I'd see one of them in Pirates colours. Joe is certainly at the right club for support after being messed about this season. It's great to hear all the fans getting behind him like they did with Nathan Ablitt. Great to see Joe getting the results on track.

Josh Pickering I'm sure will be amongst the points for the Brummies but the rest I dunno. Both Sedgy & Batch are disappointing when they should be better, I think Nielsen & Fergel Starkey pose a bigger threat. 

Pirates to be clear in the distance with my predict-ometer reading 57-33.

C'mon the Boyzzzzz

:t:

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Near perfect conditions for tonight..

Pre-meeting presentations also being made to Lawson and Worrall by the R.E.F.!  BEN Fund collection during the interval.

May be an image of 1 person and motorcycle

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Pre-meeting presentations also being made to Lawson and Worrall by the R.E.F.!  BEN Fund collection during the interval.

Proof of the different lines that can be taken at WINborne Road :t:

Edited by lbw

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It might be just the pic, but there looks to be a big wave in the track opp the first tractor, and a fair few stones ?

The only wave will be the Pirate boys waving goodbye to the Brummies as they vanish in our wake. :D

• Like 1

Was going to come over for this as im in the area but run out of time unfortunately.. hope the Brunmies can put up A fight at least 

23 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It might be just the pic, but there looks to be a big wave in the track opp the first tractor, and a fair few stones ?

The famous Waves of WINborne Road, Pirates can ride em but the opposition can't! 

:D

Good to see Lawson and Worrall going missing in Heat 13. I would bet this will not happen in the playoffs but I maybe totally wrong.

• Thanks 1

I bet Joe Thompson is feeling smug right now. Scoring alone as many as 4 Birmingham riders put together, and even matching Josh Pickwickering's score. Oh, and which club didn't need his services any longer, earlier in the year?

2 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I bet Joe Thompson is feeling smug right now. Scoring alone as many as 4 Birmingham riders put together, and even matching Josh Pickwickering's score. Oh, and which club didn't need his services any longer, earlier in the year?

"Mourinho" has made several very questionable decisions for both clubs this season. 

2 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

And now have Paul starke at reserve, that didn't work out well.