British Speedway Forum
davieb1

Richie Worrall statement

Any club that employs him runs the risk that they are tarnished. He is astute enough to know the risks and that night or leading up to that nights racing took risks and whether by design or otherwise hoped to get away with it. He should be punished accordingly but the cowboys who make decisions in this sport are as crooked and bent as any rider who thinks taking drugs and jeopardising colleagues lives on the track is OK. No excuse is acceptable given that they are riding  500cc machines and few who do, can claim to have full control of their machines these days. No hope for the sport when those in charge come up with these conclusions and leaves you finding so many chancers on both sides thinking it is OK to do what they like. Societies scumbags sums it up.

57 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Not really read into this thread a great deal,and if Worrall was indeed taking cocaine he should imo have a much longer suspension.Do we know if it was a definite positive result.As with drugs/alcohol tests i didn't realise there are many painkillers that can actually give false positives for cocaine.

It was a positive Test what more do you need.If it was painkillers he should have known not too take them,no excuse.There’s a list as long as your arm I’m medications that include banned substances.

Well there was certainly no contrition or apology in his rather crass Twitter post :rolleyes:

• Like 3

How is the following condition to work when obviously if you have a booked drug test on a certain date you won't be partaking in the previous couple of days unless you are really stupid

. "Must undergo regular testing, furnishing the results to the SCB, for the two months prior to resuming racing, at his own expense."

10 hours ago, DJC said:

I'd hazard a guess there are only a few ways cocaine can get into your system and very few of those are inadvertently. 

He isn't really a 'young man', he's in his 30's and has been a 'professional sportsman' for almost 2 decades- it isn't a silly mistake - he should know better! 

and you can't seriously compare standing on a stage miming to jumping on a 60mph bike with no breaks with 13 other blokes? Give your head a wobble.

He might have been sniffing or licking fivers - apparently huge numbers UK bank notes have traces of coke on them. However for his stupidity alone he deserves a larger ban and fine, and in his 30s he should know better!

People are really quick to throw stones these days. Unless you were there then you don't know what mitigations were presented. I've had friends have their drinks spiked, it does happen. All we can do is respect the verdict and move on. 

I have never used any of these substances but do know that cocaine usage in the UK is increasing all the time as we cannot police our borders due to under resourcing. Cannabis use is rocketing and many of these people will drive whilst under the effects but if caught it's just a slapped wrist but they endanger many lives. 

I remember before the Latvian GP Darcy Ward was out of his face on booze the night before but turned up to ride, think he may have got a ban, as well as other reported misdemeanours but he's well liked these days. The Morans similar. 

Lessons to be learnt. 

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It was a positive Test what more do you need.If it was painkillers he should have known not too take them,no excuse.There’s a list as long as your arm I’m medications that include banned substances.

I was merely pointing out many painkillers can give out false positives on tests and come up with cocaine,even something like ibuprofen can.No need to be a tad rude.

8 hours ago, iainb said:

So not his fault then! Does he take the blame for anything to that happens! 

7 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

People are really quick to throw stones these days. Unless you were there then you don't know what mitigations were presented. I've had friends have their drinks spiked, it does happen. All we can do is respect the verdict and move on. 

I have never used any of these substances but do know that cocaine usage in the UK is increasing all the time as we cannot police our borders due to under resourcing. Cannabis use is rocketing and many of these people will drive whilst under the effects but if caught it's just a slapped wrist but they endanger many lives. 

I remember before the Latvian GP Darcy Ward was out of his face on booze the night before but turned up to ride, think he may have got a ban, as well as other reported misdemeanours but he's well liked these days. The Morans similar. 

Lessons to be learnt. 

Darcy got a year ban if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I was merely pointing out many painkillers can give out false positives on tests and come up with cocaine,even something like ibuprofen can.No need to be a tad rude.

I would assume the level of it in someone's system would rule that in or out. 

Edit - just been reading the defending comments of Richie on his FB post. Apparently the second test is completely legit and first test is a stitch up lol. Where do they find these people? :D

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Not cocaine, ibuprofen can look like cannabis in some circumstances, but there isn’t much that mimics cocaine. 

Shame his ban wasn’t until 1st September when transfer window is shut. A ban until June is a Joke and the way he’s mocked it including the governing body and the testing g service is surely close to brining the sport into disrepute which should be another ban.  Hopefully promoters stay well clear as can’t imagine trust after lying though his teeth is high on his agenda 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 4BM said:

Shame his ban wasn’t until 1st September when transfer window is shut. A ban until June is a Joke and the way he’s mocked it including the governing body and the testing g service is surely close to brining the sport into disrepute which should be another ban.  Hopefully promoters stay well clear as can’t imagine trust after lying though his teeth is high on his agenda 

That must be a spoof account surely?

Cannot believe anyone would put out such a response...

If it was him, then those in charge should treble the extraordinarily lenient ban...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

I was just pointing out facts.

Painkillers that contain cocaine will certainly be on the list(if that is the case).Reading Worrells statement say it all .IMO.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So not his fault then! Does he take the blame for anything to that happens! 

Darcy got a year ban if I remember correctly. 

I would assume the level of it in someone's system would rule that in or out. 

Edit - just been reading the defending comments of Richie on his FB post. Apparently the second test is completely legit and first test is a stitch up lol. Where do they find these people? :D

Ward got 10 months. Was suspended from riding after the fail, at the end of August. Back riding at the end of June.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

I was just pointing out facts.

Painkillers that contain cocaine will certainly be on the list(if that is the case).Reading Worrells statement say it all .IMO.

I'm not saying these contain cocaine,many medications give can give false positives for cocaine apparently.Including every day common painkillers people take for a headache.