British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Scunthorpe 13th September 2023 Champ playoffs 1st leg

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

So Poole win the league, fair play to them and I would imagine there going to pick Edinburgh plus 1. I also see they have announced a meeting for Wednesday so if there going to announce who they picked Tommorow what if the other teams can’t make Wednesday as there only being informed Tommorow is it a case of Poole jumping the gun or everyone having to jump to Poole’s tune.

Poole didn't win the league, they topped the qualifying table. I think that should mean they are league champions, but they are not (yet?)

I don't think the jumped the gun announcing a match on Wednesday, for example Redcar & Scunthorpe may have both agreed to go to Poole or Oxford on Wednesday, depending who picked them.

You'd think Poole would choose Edinburgh, but I really can't decide between Redcar & Scunthorpe, who is the better option to race against?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Poole didn't win the league, they topped the qualifying table. I think that should mean they are league champions, but they are not (yet?)

I don't think the jumped the gun announcing a match on Wednesday, for example Redcar & Scunthorpe may have both agreed to go to Poole or Oxford on Wednesday, depending who picked them.

You'd think Poole would choose Edinburgh, but I really can't decide between Redcar & Scunthorpe, who is the better option to race against?

Edinburgh and Scunthorpe would be my choices for Poole.Think they would beat Scunthorpe at home easier than Redcar.Is their bonus points included in play offs ?

Poole, Edinburgh and Redcar.

Oxford, Glasgow and Scunthorpe.

Poole Pirates qualify top :t: :t: :t:

We're gonna win the League!

Poole vs ?......... doesn't matter coz we will beat anyone! 

C'mon bring it on!

C'MON THE BOYZZZZZ :t:

Edited by lbw

52 minutes ago, lbw said:

Poole Pirates qualify top :t: :t: :t:

We're gonna win the League!

Poole vs ?......... doesn't matter coz we will beat anyone! 

C'mon bring it on!

C'MON THE BOYZZZZZ :t:

With BSN supposedly covering all the playoffs I cant see Poole and Oxford both being at home on Wednesday 13th! 

And with the rider comments from Scunny I guess it'll be Poole v Scunthorpe on Wednesday.lets see.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

With BSN supposedly covering all the playoffs I cant see Poole and Oxford both being at home on Wednesday 13th! 

And with the rider comments from Scunny I guess it'll be Poole v Scunthorpe on Wednesday.lets see.....

If Bsn are showing every play off meeting we’ll be here til January. 2 Wednesday tracks and 4 Friday tracks.

Hopefully, BSN will stream where there is no in-house streaming, like Oxford and Glasgow until the final when I guess they will then stream both legs. ?

• Like 2

Glasgow and Oxfords home playoff meetings really need to be screened. Otherwise fans of the away team will miss out. All other teams have their act together.

54 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Glasgow and Oxfords home playoff meetings really need to be screened. Otherwise fans of the away team will miss out. All other teams have their act together.

I am sure they will heed your demands.

• Haha 1

BSN will show each team equally if they can. It doesn't serve them to be seen to show favouritism to any team, regardless of reasoning.

Interesting that 4 of the teams have Friday as their given race night and 2 a Wednesday. Are we going to have a prolonged season with teams 8nsisting they ride 9n their chosen night or will some have to change? 

As a Glasgow fan I just hope no one trys to get us to race on the weekend of 16/17th when Bomber will be chasing the World Long Track Title. 

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

If Bsn are showing every play off meeting we’ll be here til January. 2 Wednesday tracks and 4 Friday tracks.

Mr Godfrey will make sure only one team can ride on a Friday nite :rolleyes:

• Sad 1