British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

37 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I was there for 2 of those Peterborough meetings - one which included the super heat win - the other thing about Chris is he is always capable of pulling out a big score whereever he rides, his best days are yes behind him now but never discount his ability to score points and entertain!

added to say which is probably why he gets so many guest bookings - that and an ave that fits!

And always equally as likely to score poorly, as he has for Peterborough in their last couple of matches.  Let's hope it's the former.

One rider did tell me a few years ago that guesting in a play off can be "very good" for the bank balance...

With a decent "guarantee" but an "excellent" incentive for scoring "x" number of points...

Dont know if that is still the case, but you would imagine teams would want to motivate their guest to the maximum...

Edited by mikebv

11 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

And always equally as likely to score poorly, as he has for Peterborough in their last couple of matches.  Let's hope it's the former.

Unfortunately he does have off nights and I have seen him many times have a breakdown in his first ride then win the rest of his rides but when he retires the sport will miss him a lot.   He is the most entertaining rider we have, nobody likes to see him gate, a bit like nobody wanted to see Mark Loram gate which was rare but happened now and again.

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No I expect most fans dont even know who their number 8 is and very few teams turn up with a number 8 even if they are using r/r and now you can use irr . Hodder is only their for the experience , Lemon won't use him unless you have the unfortunate scenario of a injury to a reserve and if he didn't ride you would only have 3 riders.

That's exactly why you should have a number 8, IRR no good if a reserve gets injured especially when also covering R/R.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Rain in Ipswich is forecast to be very heavy today and a few showers tomorrow, will it be called off?

The MET have issued a weather warning.

I think the track will be a complete mess tomorrow morning. I can see a call off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

The MET have issued a weather warning.

I think the track will be a complete mess tomorrow morning. I can see a call off.

Basso not good enough now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

One rider did tell me a few years ago that guesting in a play off can be "very good" for the bank balance...

With a decent "guarantee" but an "excellent" incentive for scoring "x" number of points...

Dont know if that is still the case, but you would imagine teams would want to motivate their guest to the maximum...

This should be the case for all guests if a team needs one. Teams having a "fixed price - this is what we pay" could mean a rider turning up to cover his costs rather than the benefit of the team.

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Like 2

Met office has it a dry day in Ipswich tomorrow, if the forecast is correct there should be no issue getting this meeting on.

Get the hose pipe on the track now I say, The rain water can finish the job off later tonight.

No logical reason to run the fixture when it only benefits the opposition.

You wouldn't see Poole running a crucial fixture with a trophy up for grabs in the old Elite League days if they were missing a prime Darcy Ward or Chris Holder.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Get the hose pipe on the track now I say, The rain water can finish the job off later tonight.

No logical reason to run the fixture when it only benefits the opposition.

You wouldn't see Poole running a crucial fixture with a trophy up for grabs in the old Elite League days if they were missing a prime Darcy Ward or Chris Holder.

How many would be saying that if it was a Buster club:P

56 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Met office has it a dry day in Ipswich tomorrow, if the forecast is correct there should be no issue getting this meeting on.

Hope so...

50/50 for me at the moment...

4hrs drive and will probably book a hotel rather than the four hours back in one day....

Decisions. Decisions....:D

1 hour ago, SUPERACE said:

Why that's today's weather, were not riding today 

Because Doyle will probably be fit to ride next week...:D