British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Let someone else take that chance. This issue has been going on since the season started in late March, and by his own admission is still an ongoing issue. Far too much of a risk in banking on him getting back to 100% next March. There were far too many duck eggs in the closing weeks of the season for my liking, not a good sign. We surely have to look elsewhere. 

One thing is pretty certain though, the team should be wrapped up far quicker than it was this year for obvious reasons. The bulk is probably already done. 

I suspect you’re right, the league structure & points limit is probably already agreed.

9 hours ago, DJC said:

If the limit stays the same and Brum come up, I see it playing out something like this - based on the Ellis to Belle Vue rumours 

Belle Vue       Brum       Kings Lynn  
1 Kurtz 8.51   1 Harris 6.53   1 Iversen 6.64
2 Ellis 5.71   2 Lawson 6.57   2 Tarasenko 6.94
3 Blodorn 5.83   3 Douglas 7.14   3 Basso 6.25
4 Rew 4   4 Brennan 6.02   4 Klindt 6.89
5 Bewley 8.21   5 Pickering 6.78   5 Magic/Lambert 8
6       6 Schlien 5.89   6 Lambert 4.78
7 RS - Bailey 0   7 RS - Pearson     7 RS Rowe  
  40 32.26       38.93       39.5
    7.74     40 1.07     40 0.5

Ipswich       Sheff       Leis    
1 Doyle 9.12   1 Holder 8.91   1 Fricke 8.98
2 Masters 7.13   2 Tobi 8.69   2 sedgy 5.07
3 King 7.23   3 Holder 7.16   3 b Cook 6
4 Riss 4.84   4 Howarth 5.55   4 Kerr 5.45
5 Henriksson/etc 5   5 Z Cook 5.1   5 Worrall 5.41
6 Wright 6.31   6       6    
7 RS -Thompson     7 RS Gilkes     7  RS - Kemp  
    39.63       35.41       30.91
  40 0.37     40 4.59     40 9.09

I'd love to see Emil back but something tells me he wont be, Ipswich won't build a team without King and there's no way they don't have Riss after sticking by him. I do think Rew will end up at Belle Vue to replace Lidsey 

*preparing for pelters but they are just some breakfast time musings and sums 

Very interesting with predicted teams.

Couple of points to put out.

(1) If they go with the same points limit as last season, the limit last season was 39 points for the top 6 of the team. So the Kings Lynn and Ipswich teams that you have put together would be over the limit.

(2) James Pearson is an Aussie, and will not be part of the Rising Star Programme so a different Rising Star needed for Birmingham.

On the subject of Rising Star riders I am amazed that you have not thought about any of the clubs would sign Jason Edwards or Jordan Jenkins. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DJC said:

The Holders and Cook were just guess work, would imagine Woffy for C Holder if he is back over here next year.

Hope if isn't for Musielak though, would be a poorer league without him in it. 

Woffinden is 100% at Sheffield next year.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, spin king said:

Very interesting with predicted teams.

Couple of points to put out.

(1) If they go with the same points limit as last season, the limit last season was 39 points for the top 6 of the team. So the Kings Lynn and Ipswich teams that you have put together would be over the limit.

(2) James Pearson is an Aussie, and will not be part of the Rising Star Programme so a different Rising Star needed for Birmingham.

On the subject of Rising Star riders I am amazed that you have not thought about any of the clubs would sign Jason Edwards or Jordan Jenkins. 

Very valid points! 
As I said, breakfast musings before any caffeine! Thought it was 40 not 39! Forgot the likes of Brennan were ‘reduced’ at the start of the year!

Pearson, given their loyalty to him and that he rode in the NDL this year, just a thought that this well talked about chat between Tolley and Morris could have included using him as one. I’m sure it will be Flint-if Oxford don’t end up moving up! 

Think most in speedway would want to see Sayfutdinov back in British Speedway next season if the format allows. Cetrtainly Warner Bros Sports will do. 

10 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Think most in speedway would want to see Sayfutdinov back in British Speedway next season if the format allows. Cetrtainly Warner Bros Sports will do. 

Kelvin Tatum will

5 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Kelvin Tatum will

Strange one that, he gushes over Emil, but struggles badly with anything Ipswich, he always has. 

• Like 2

If Ipswich don’t sign up Emil and Doyle they will lose a fair number of fans 

These 2 put bums on seats and provide huge entertainment…. I’ve bask going Foxhall since 1985 and I can’t remember the atmosphere being as good

We won the cup and almost (should have ) won the league 

I love to win a trophy and the cup final night was epic….. however I also like to enjoy watching 

Not sure how this fits 

1. Emil

2. ?

3.King 

4. ?

5. Doyle 

6. Rew 

7. Dan Thompson 

What does that leave?

Is there room for Brennan or one of the Cook brothers ….. even if this means Rew going to 2 or 4

Got to say wouldn’t want Erik back …. Nice guy but so far off it and looks hesitant in races 

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

These 2 put bums on seats and provide huge entertainment…. I’ve bask going Foxhall since 1985 and I can’t remember the atmosphere being as good

I love to win a trophy and the cup final night was epic….. however I also like to enjoy watching 

Not sure how this fits 

1. Emil

2. ?

3.King 

4. ?

5. Doyle 

6. Rew 

7. Dan Thompson 

What does that leave?

Is there room for Brennan or one of the Cook brothers ….. even if this means Rew going to 2 or 4

Got to say wouldn’t want Erik back …. Nice guy but so far off it and looks hesitant in races 

should have won the league? 

28 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Not sure how this fits 

1. Emil

2. ?

3.King 

4. ?

5. Doyle 

6. Rew 

7. Dan Thompson 

What does that leave?

Emil 10.10

Doyle 9.12

King 7.05 ( with British deduction)

Rew 4.00

Leave's you 8.73 for the last 2 riders in the 1-6 if team building stays at 39

TB 5.87 with reduction, BC 6.00, ZC 5.10

Brennan is seemingly not at BV in 2024, would slot into the number 2 or 4 role at Ipswich 

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Totally agree, it’s been the best I’ve known it since 89/90 better than 98.

its got me back as a regular this year for the first time in 15 years or so.

Some are going regular again,, and some regulars now not going,,, just goes to show it's a difficult balancing act. 

Quick question for Ipswich fans.

If you could only keep  one of either  of Jason or Emil who would you choose to keep? 

27 minutes ago, spin king said:

Quick question for Ipswich fans.

If you could only keep  one of either  of Jason or Emil who would you choose to keep? 

Emil...