British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Edinburgh Weds 27/09/23

55 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Why? What's that got to do with this thread? You might want to edit your post then, as 'always' doesn't exactly mean 'since 1999' does it?

Before you get too twisted up on this, Poole have a long history of being well supported and well funded. The exception was when Reg Fearman seems to have run it into the ground then run off with Middlo’s testimonial money. 
So, perhaps “always” was a bit much but how about “nearly always”? There’s not many teams that can claim that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yoda said:

have a look at the bspl averages and tell me a suitable guest replacement for Craig Cook , from Berwick , Plymouth and Birmingham,

then come back and tell me of "smacks of not bothered"

Yep most of the likely lads are injured or banned or their other team doesn't want them to ride.

So you're down to a few not very high standard second strings.

Josh, Paco, Kye and maybe Lasse would undoubtedly have been expected to score more.

Why are some people so upset Edinburgh didn't have a guest for Cook? it's not against the rules, r/r is allowed whatever the situation.

All year long I read comments about too many guests, now complaints teams aren't using guests lol!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Before you get too twisted up on this, Poole have a long history of being well supported and well funded. The exception was when Reg Fearman seems to have run it into the ground then run off with Middlo’s testimonial money. 
So, perhaps “always” was a bit much but how about “nearly always”? There’s not many teams that can claim that

Fine by me. But perhaps some Poole some fans should also learn some humility and accept that the life of a Poole supporter hasn't always been perfect.

Edited by Bojangles
Added the word 'some' before fans - not all Poole supporters are like it.

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Why? What's that got to do with this thread? You might want to edit your post then, as 'always' doesn't exactly mean 'since 1999' does it?

Come on how far back do you need to go 24 years is plenty I think.you’re in danger of heading down memory lane like someone else I know 

17 minutes ago, Toady said:

Come on how far back do you need to go 24 years is plenty I think.you’re in danger of heading down memory lane like someone else I know 

So just focus on the last 24 years and forget about the previous 70? Haha. I know you're just looking for an argument like normal, but Skidder is just focusing on the most recent period to suit the narrative that Poole have 'always' been financially stable (and successful).

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

Same old Poole fans spouting the same old crap

Poole are clear favourites for the title they ah e smashed Glasgow everytime they have ridden at Poole … hasn’t Complin had 10 rides and never scored!!

The troll Shovlar saying Tarasenko will give them the league …. Well there’s dumb and then Shovlar even dumber the guy is a good rider but has never ridden at Poole 

Seriously of Poole lose the league the have choked no other reason no ringers just a pure choke 

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Fine by me. But perhaps some Poole some fans should also learn some humility and accept that the life of a Poole supporter hasn't always been perfect.

Poole fans have earned the right to be a bit cocky, though, haven't they? They've certainly had plenty to celebrate in the last 25 years, and - even those that are fed up of Poole fans on here must begrudgingly admit - it is probably the best run club in the country.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Toady said:

I'd be a bit worried if I was @steve roberts with just how often you manage to shoehorn him into one your messages. So much so it wouldn't surprise me if you sent that from one of the bushes outside his house.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Poole fans have earned the right to be a bit cocky, though, haven't they? They've certainly had plenty to celebrate in the last 25 years, and - even those that are fed up of Poole fans on here must begrudgingly admit - it is probably the best run club in the country.

I'm not arguing that fact, it's a great run club and the speedway world would be much poorer without them. The 'banter' with them on the forum is what makes it fun most of the time. It would just be nice if some of them recognised the fact the sport wasn't invented in 1999.

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

I think that’s a fair comment. I like @lbwas he’s just having a laugh - and an occasional flat white - but others do come across as arrogant. The problem is Poole keep winning so the much hoped for downfalls just don’t seem to happen. Maybe this year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think that’s a fair comment. I like @lbwas he’s just having a laugh - and an occasional flat white - but others do come across as arrogant. The problem is Poole keep winning so the much hoped for downfalls just don’t seem to happen. Maybe this year?

I thank you for your appreciation :t:

6 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I've amended my earlier post to 'in the modern era' at the same time including from 1987 under Stewkesbury and Ansell.

Ps. Not sure why stating a fact is deemed to be arrogant, especially as a Poole fan on a Poole topic.? But hey ho.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lbw said:

I thank you for your appreciation :t:

You have to have a Soya Milk one to show your full appreciation 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

You have to have a Soya Milk one to show your full appreciation 

SOYA milk! You might find his appreciation on the pavement!  :D.