British Speedway Forum
PotteringAround

New Club for 2024?

Interesting that in his evidence to the Coventry Stadium appeal enquiry, Phil Morris mentioned a new stadium "completely new to Speedway" potentially coming in next year.

Anyone got any information?

They just said on BSN that there is the possibility of Cradley Heathens returning next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

They just said on BSN that there is the possibility of Cradley Heathens returning next year.

Really! Brilliant.

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Speedway star says new company formed to explore sites around Cradley so probably not next year

Edited by Toady

32 minutes ago, Toady said:

Speedway star says new company formed to explore sites around Cradley so probably not next year

Oh right. Swindon have got one of those too.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Toady said:

Unless there's some kind of magical land in the back of a wardrobe where do they expect to find land where everybody else has failed for the last 27 years?

I do wish these things weren't given the oxygen of publicity, it just gives fans false hope

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

On 9/19/2023 at 10:24 PM, PotteringAround said:

Interesting that in his evidence to the Coventry Stadium appeal enquiry, Phil Morris mentioned a new stadium "completely new to Speedway" potentially coming in next year.

Northampton?

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Northampton?

If you mean Brafield then that's staged speedway before. Seem to remember Tony Mole trying to bring back the sport there several years ago. Believe the track has now been changed to shale. Could be a good alternative for Peterborough.

10 minutes ago, HertsRacer said:

If you mean Brafield then that's staged speedway before. Seem to remember Tony Mole trying to bring back the sport there several years ago. Believe the track has now been changed to shale. Could be a good alternative for Peterborough.

That would be brilliant

On 9/19/2023 at 10:24 PM, PotteringAround said:

Wasn't there plans for Weston Super-Mare? - although seems that got ditched in the winter and again discussed last week?

Some noise re Cradley but can't think of many current venues not explored in Dudley / Sandwell Boroughs...a few athletics stadia but all surrounded by houses

Some noise from Brummies re Alexander Stadium site 

Some active afforts in Eastbourne Area with Arlington apparently no longer available

Braefield as mentioned has been shaled and would cover Coventry / Peterborough corridor albeit not exactly accessible

Dog Track has opened in South Wales (only one in Wales now but seems a bit remote and not sure about crowd pulling potential)

Could he mean a possible SGP venue somewhere in a current Footy stadium? - a few have staged Super X type Events??...

If it's a new Stadium as opposed to new Team then I think The Alexander Stadium could stage a GP on a temporary surface, I have heard Mr Morris has been up around Birmingham a few times lately, of course that may be linked to the SCS efforts, no noise with regards Cradley any return is as far away as it's ever been, Speedway in the West Midlands is hanging by a thread for 2024.

Edited by heathen52

The only dog track in wales as far as i know is the valley greyhound stadium near Ystrad Mynach which about 12 miles from Newport. its been there for a while but is getting licenced.

Dont think its suitable but i have read in reports it is opening up to other activities? The home of the Welsh Greyhound Derby - Valley Greyhounds

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, longlivefrankie said:

The only dog track in wales as far as i know is the valley greyhound stadium near Ystrad Mynach which about 12 miles from Newport. its been there for a while but is getting licenced.

Dont think its suitable but i have read in reports it is opening up to other activities? The home of the Welsh Greyhound Derby - Valley Greyhounds

there is a hospital next door

Just now, Richspeedway said:

I remember bit back in the SS there was news about Southampton but that has gone quiet?

I remember even further back in the SS... Dublin!

All to be taken with a very large bucket of salt B)

• Like 1