British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches vs Belle Vue Aces (new playoff semi 1st leg) 21/09/23

18 minutes ago, paulboy said:

For the supposed pinnacle of British speedway, i.e. play off in the top league, I have to say this was no showpiece whatsoever. The racing was pretty much non-existent. I understand Witches fans not really worrying about that but it certainly aint going to attract any new supporters. I gave up before the end.

the track was raceable.  had the belle vue riders embraced the challenge then there would have been more excitement.  i can recall a couple of good heats, eg ht8

34 minutes ago, paulboy said:

For the supposed pinnacle of British speedway, i.e. play off in the top league, I have to say this was no showpiece whatsoever. The racing was pretty much non-existent. I understand Witches fans not really worrying about that but it certainly aint going to attract any new supporters. I gave up before the end.

If the other side don’t want to race not much you can do about that. It was one of those nights when the atmosphere in the stadium made up for the lack of passing 

It takes two teams to make a good meeting. For the past two meetings the opposition have been beaten before the start as they don't attack the track how it should be done. Not surprising the two teams are from throttle jockey tracks and don't know how to use the throttle apart from fully open. Must admit the atmosphere was brilliant last night.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

If the other side don’t want to race not much you can do about that. It was one of those nights when the atmosphere in the stadium made up for the lack of passing 

Just to clarify my previous post wasn’t criticising anybody, just pointing out for the neutral spectator it wasn’t much of a watch

19 hours ago, Bash said:

It takes two teams to make a good meeting. For the past two meetings the opposition have been beaten before the start as they don't attack the track how it should be done. Not surprising the two teams are from throttle jockey tracks and don't know how to use the throttle apart from fully open. Must admit the atmosphere was brilliant last night.

Ipswich were gating well and doing good first turns, after that they didn’t pass anybody either. 

Nobody has actually mentioned it heat 8 Hume replaced by Rew  ( was it machinery issues ??? maybe?.Hume had gated well got two 4/2 s got replaced in heat 8  had his third ride another 4.2 gained six points with Hume at number 2.

24 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Nobody has actually mentioned it heat 8 Hume replaced by Rew  ( was it machinery issues ??? maybe?.Hume had gated well got two 4/2 s got replaced in heat 8  had his third ride another 4.2 gained six points with Hume at number 2.

One of those big calls (at least in terms of the current restrictive set up) that a TM has to make

I'd say most would've felt Keynan had a better chance to win that race - as it turned out it didn't work out that way

Perhaps a little harsh on Danyon who has been sharp focussed and decently quick away recently 

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

One of those big calls (at least in terms of the current restrictive set up) that a TM has to make

I'd say most would've felt Keynan had a better chance to win that race - as it turned out it didn't work out that way

Perhaps a little harsh on Danyon who has been sharp focussed and decently quick away recently 

Rew should be riding in the top five in the uk not there yet 

is he…?

Just seen the match and was surprised that Ipswich put Harris into gate one in heat 15. It also looked like Emil was sat about a foot back from the tapes. It might seem harsh, but a 5-1 there would surely have buried the Aces hopes. But the 3-3 has given them a chance

5 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Just seen the match and was surprised that Ipswich put Harris into gate one in heat 15. It also looked like Emil was sat about a foot back from the tapes. It might seem harsh, but a 5-1 there would surely have buried the Aces hopes. But the 3-3 has given them a chance

I thought it strange having bomber in 1 and Emil in 3, I would have put them the other way round

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Siggytastic said:

Nice to see Doyle is deemed fit and riding Monday 

They will need him Monday, dont think Harris is particularly good at the NSS. Hope Bewley rides better as it was quite shocking how bad he was at Ipswich.

I guess we will see how fit JD really is. Looks a tall order for BV but if they can rip into the Witches early doors they have a chance.

Agree we need to frustrate them early. Could do with Emil winning the first heat and then ideally Rew winning the reserves heat even if both heats end up shared. If they open with a couple of heat advantages then that could open the floodgates. They can be like a runaway train around there. 

• Like 1