British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Don't really see what gain from continuing to bring it up either tbh. Every forecast I looked at this morning had rain after 5 which has moved back slightly through the day. Most of which still saying showers between 7 & 10. If were standing in stands and started hammering down we'd all be whinging not called off early. 

It would be meltdown in the stands, on Twitter, on Facebook, the Poole fans would be mad we’d wasted Oxford’s time, “the Facennas must have money to burn if they can afford all these rain-offs”, etc, etc.

• Like 1

Whatever the right or wrongs of these call offs, the weather can not be allowed to determine the destination of the championship trophy. Time for another extension?

• Like 4

Damned if you do, damned if you dont. 

I felt it was a bit early to call it off when they did especially given that the weather was forecast as it has been - a little rain earlier, nice clear afternoon and as others have said a perfect night for speedway as things stand just now.   They need to stop looking at the weather forecasts given out from England and listen to Sean Batty or Windy Wilson as they are far more accurate up here.  

Could be costly if they run out of dates

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Case in point..since my last post left Glasgow in perfect sunshine got train home and caught in a heavy shower with skies looking like rain be on all night..met office now saying 80% rain at 6 and thunderstorm at 7. Might just be right decision 

5 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I think his contract with Oxford would take precedence over his broadcasting stuff.

It didn't seem to with the pairs. But as you can use any 2 of your top 3 for that, you may well be right.

Scott doesn't seem too convinced about the call off.

https://x.com/scottnicholls78/status/1706628137050624012?s=20

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

It didn't seem to with the pairs. But as you can use any 2 of your top 3 for that, you may well be right.

Scott doesn't seem too convinced about the call off.

https://x.com/scottnicholls78/status/1706628137050624012?s=20

How far away is Scott ,the call off has proved justified as the rain showers have been torrential with the odd bright spell in between.

Anyway who really cares how unconvinced he is anyway it’s off and rightly so.

• Like 6

Thinking about this, Glasgow must have a back up plan surely? To call it off early due to a bad forecast, and potentially lose any chance of making the final in the process is a bold call. You'd think they would have tried everything to get it on if it's their only chance. I'm convinced Glasgow must know either that there is a re-staging date in place before the cut off, or they know the cut off has been extended (I suspect the latter).

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

Thinking about this, Glasgow must have a back up plan surely? To call it off early due to a bad forecast, and potentially lose any chance of making the final in the process is a bold call. You'd think they would have tried everything to get it on if it's their only chance. I'm convinced Glasgow must know either that there is a re-staging date in place before the cut off, or they know the cut off has been extended (I suspect the latter).

Presumably Friday or Saturday and like Redcar had to, Oxford will need to like it or lump it

Heavy rain   and  thunder  stay 20 minutes from track how far away are you  Scot

3 minutes ago, MANSE said:

I would imagine Scott overnighted in Manchester so he would have a shorter journey to Scotland?

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Presumably Friday or Saturday and like Redcar had to, Oxford will need to like it or lump it

Looks that way. No real winner here - Glasgow forefit the match (joke), Oxford race without Masters and Nicholls (joke).

6 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Heavy rain and thunder stay 20 minutes from track bit nearer than Scott