British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Didn't Scott's twitter post question the integrity of the Glasgow promotion? Just asking 

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Certainly looked that way

I don’t use twitter/X so wouldn’t know what he has said on that. 

All I was saying was that it depends which contract he signed first and as GP dates are released nearly a year in advance he was possibly already signed up for this meeting. It’s no different to a Polish meeting taking president over a re-scheduled match.

There has been mention on other forums that Tarasenko hadn’t flown in today for the meeting, and others claiming it was dry in Glasgow I have no idea what is correct but all adds fuel to the fire.

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Debbi said:

All I was saying was that it depends which contract he signed first and as GP dates are released nearly a year in advance he was possibly already signed up for this meeting. It’s no different to a Polish meeting taking president over a re-scheduled match.

There has been mention on other forums that Tarasenko hadn’t flown in today for the meeting, and others claiming it was dry in Glasgow I have no idea what is correct but all adds fuel to the fire.

Weather wise, it was dry till lunchtime, then chucked down for 3 hours, glorious sunshine from 3-5 then rained solidly for the rest of the evening. (I work 5 mins drive from ashfield)

The meeting was called based on this forecast at about 0815 (on Facebook ), I'm assuming that's why Taresenko "hadn't flown in. So no "fuel added to any fire"

Scott's post had a hint of cynicism too it, maybe suggesting it was not necessary for the meeting to be called. Evidently the track staff and BSN have posted videos to show there was no chance to race last night.

11 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Weather wise, it was dry till lunchtime, then chucked down for 3 hours, glorious sunshine from 3-5 then rained solidly for the rest of the evening. (I work 5 mins drive from ashfield)

The meeting was called based on this forecast at about 0815 (on Facebook ), I'm assuming that's why Taresenko "hadn't flown in. So no "fuel added to any fire"

Scott's post had a hint of cynicism too it, maybe suggesting it was not necessary for the meeting to be called. Evidently the track staff and BSN have posted videos to show there was no chance to race last night.

See last post on previous page for link to  photos/videos. I wish we hadn't cancelled it so we could have watched Nichols being interviewed  by BSN standing in the rain as his designer shirt shrinks around him. I wonder if he would then be annoyed it hadn't been cancelled.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Debbi said:

I can't see it makes a hap'oth difference which was signed first.

If both commit him to show up then he simply has to decide which one to break and take the consequences.

... unless Oxford get a special 'special dispensation' to use a guest. (And because of restrictions around guests that would probably be Laurie   Jye Etheridge)

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

We certainly haven’t posted any videos 

7 hours ago, Debbi said:

The link to it is on previous pages of this thread as I'm sure you'll be aware. Know what you're saying was how dare we question the integrity of someone who questioned that of our promotion.

Yes, the meeting was already off why would he fly in to fly back for no reason? Unless underwater speedway is your thing there's no fuel and no fire

7 hours ago, Debbi said:

You ever considered stand up , definitely a future for you in that.

• Haha 2

Come on guys …..simple answer Glasgow have to run a business……shall we gamble on being able to run the meeting against a dodgy weather forecast , or cut our losses and tell the russian to not save money on a flight. ? 

Still think too many “tactical”  call offs earlier in the season by all clubs. Propose that HOME teams should have to ride re scheduled meetings with their original   programmed 1-7 rather than frivolously call off meetings when they are missing riders. e.g in this case vissing would be ineligible for the re run of this meeting. And a guest MUST ride at 7 .

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

It was Ian Brannan that did post a video, hence BSN getting named for it. 

8 hours ago, Debbi said:

You read this topic so you should have seen his Tweet

1 hour ago, MartinBSN said:

Somebody associated with you did.

It is actually getting pretty pathetic that evidence has to be  posted .

We then move on from that to Vlad not boarding a flight and Nicholls questioning the decision in a way that he is not questioning it but planting a seed.

It has been hilarious right enough.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Debbi said:

Other than the fact one is a TV presenter role and one is a speedway meeting then nah, there's barely any difference.

I wonder if Lee Complin had agreed to do a plumbing job last year if Glasgow could get a guest in?

• Like 4

I think some of you are interpreting for your own agenda.  The post simply said "so we won't be going to Glasgow tonight...Hmmm" with a thinking emoji and then a rain cloud.  It could simply mean so when will we be going as it has to be done by the end of Sept - if you want to know what he meant, just ask him!

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Come on guys …..simple answer Glasgow have to run a business……shall we gamble on being able to run the meeting against a dodgy weather forecast , or cut our losses and tell the russian to not save money on a flight. ? 

Still think too many “tactical”  call offs earlier in the season by all clubs. Propose that HOME teams should have to ride re scheduled meetings with their original   programmed 1-7 rather than frivolously call off meetings when they are missing riders. e.g in this case vissing would be ineligible for the re run of this meeting. And a guest MUST ride at 7 .

I'm sorry but I think that's the worst thing they could do, fans already complain that too many guests are used, now this would lead to clubs using a guest when their own riders are fit!

When Scott signed a contract for the GPs he must have known there was a chance of a Saturday match taking place, either because of rain-offs or racing Berwick. So I assume there is a contingency plan for fixture clashes.

I don't think Oxford should be able to refuse the date because he is missing, especially as Redcar rode at Oxford with missing riders. Plus other riders have second jobs, but still make all their matches.

I'm not saying Scott isn't good at his TV job, but him missing the match isn't going to stop people watching / hurt the show, but missing the Oxford match could be a travesty for the Cheetahs, so I'd imagine he'd prefer to be there.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3