British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

REDCAR V GLASGOW (CAB DIRECT CHAMP P/O) 27/9/ 23

I think the ultimate downfall for Redcar this season is the fact they have very little "home advantage".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I think the ultimate downfall for Redcar this season is the fact they have very little "home advantage".

And they got soundly beaten by Glasgow who we always hear have no home advantage. I’ve never believed the argument from any side tbh. We all know Poole’s secret is they hide Danny Ford’s Flumps underneath the starting gates.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Does that mean I can say the same about Berwick then.Sounds good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watched this on bsn , after 2 heats I thought that we were going to lose, but the boys stepped up well and tbh we got quite a bit of luck, which we have not got last few years, hope Sedgy is Ok, he looked a bit groggy after that off, and poor Connor has had an awful night, was well impressed with Jason Edwards, he would have been my man of the match. Very bad timing for the bears to lose Charles at the play offs, wishing him a full recovery. As a Glasgow fan I am delighted with the result, need to do it all again on Tuesday against Oxford. Good luck to the bears in the KO cup

• Like 4

Great comeback from Glasgow... fortunately sets next week's match against Oxford up very nicely :t:

Glasgow celebrating like they'd won the thing again... just like they did when they won at Scunny in the BSN trophy... look how that ended

Edited by iainb
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, iainb said:

Great comeback from Glasgow... fortunately sets next week's match against Oxford up very nicely :t:

Glasgow celebrating like they'd won the thing again... just like they did when they won at Scunny in the BSN trophy... look how that ended

Glasgow always thank the travelling fans

• Like 4

Poor crowd numbers at Redcar tonight. No surprise there though with Redcar out of the play offs, poor weather, running on a Wednesday, the meeting being on BSN and many fans still angry over Redcar's capitulation by accepting the Sunday date at Oxford with a depleted team. Season fell apart like a cheap watch!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

And they got soundly beaten by Glasgow who we always hear have no home advantage. I’ve never believed the argument from any side tbh. We all know Poole’s secret is they hide Danny Ford’s Flumps underneath the starting gates.

No secret at Poole they just build winning sides every year and as I have said many times I wish all teams could do the same your often on here clearly a fan why do you think Poole always get it right and other clubs don't is it money because of it was surely Glasgow would win only going on comments on here.

6 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Harris and Brennan sh*t the bed in heat one. Dreadfully off the pace.

Against Oxford & if we get to final Poole you just can't get away with that in heat 1 as our reserves in heat 2 are always gonna be up against it so ur right from heat 1 they have to be on it ..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

That looked nasty. Hopefully both riders are okay.

Arguably harsh, but Jack Smith is woeful and the irony of Lee Complin regularly playing to the galleries while letting down Glasgow is incredible. I’ll be amazed if between them, they score more than three points tonight.

Cami Brown has been forced into using Tarasenko in heat three thanks to two horrendous heats.

To be honest you've got a point about complin playing to the galleries tbh I've heard he's a great guy & it is good for the crowd when he does it & he's a character very few now in speedway , but yes as you've noticed if we get to the final it will probably be lee who will cost us any chance of the trophy as top 4 are strong enough now, you cant blame jack if hes a guest on a 2pt average or ace a wee boy learning tho ace is way off it  ..I hope to god I'm wrong as I would gladly eat humble pie if at reserve one or both prove me wrong ..but I just don't rate lee on a 4 average hes very bulky and one paced getting a rr ride won't work v Poole we would need all our top 4 battering it on two nights home & away & I doubt that as tom struggles at Poole...that said this was a good win at bears & well done to all the team give it everything v Oxford reserves prove me wrong I hope you do as I would be delighted its not personal at all... also feel for bears as they've had no luck whatsoever recently I wish them well a great club & track ...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Barabas said:

To be honest you've got a point about complin playing to the galleries tbh I've heard he's a great guy & it is good for the crowd when he does it & he's a character very few now in speedway , but yes as you've noticed if we get to the final it will probably be lee who will cost us any chance of the trophy as top 4 are strong enough now, you cant blame jack if hes a guest on a 2pt average or ace a wee boy learning tho ace is way off it  ..I hope to god I'm wrong as I would gladly eat humble pie if at reserve one or both prove me wrong ..but I just don't rate lee on a 4 average hes very bulky and one paced getting a rr ride won't work v Poole we would need all our top 4 battering it on two nights home & away & I doubt that as tom struggles at Poole...that said this was a good win at bears & well done to all the team give it everything v Oxford reserves prove me wrong I hope you do as I would be delighted its not personal at all... also feel for bears as they've had no luck whatsoever recently I wish them well a great club & track ...

I assume your real name is  Richard?

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

That looked nasty. Hopefully both riders are okay.

Arguably harsh, but Jack Smith is woeful and the irony of Lee Complin regularly playing to the galleries while letting down Glasgow is incredible. I’ll be amazed if between them, they score more than three points tonight.

Cami Brown has been forced into using Tarasenko in heat three thanks to two horrendous heats.

Are you sure you're not Richie?

• Haha 1

Speedway needs more riders like Lee Complin though, ok he is carrying a bit of weight but that’s because he trained to be much bigger for weight lifting or was it body building? Either way you can’t just lose that.

I guess you could say he over rides at times trying almost too hard but I would rather watch a rider like that than one who always settles for where they gate and constantly pulls up when last. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

They went out to thank their fans that travelled down despite dodgy weather forecast. Its called appreciating the people that help pay their wages and it's about genuine fans appreciating the effort and entertainment the Tigers provide whether home or away. 

8 hours ago, Weeyin said:

Glasgow always thank the travelling fans

I've seen teams go out to thank their fans and they generally walk up to them giving them a clap and a wave... none of this lining up against the fence for photo's business that's usually reserved for the winning of titles... when you've won one you'll get the hang of it :D

Edited by iainb
  • Sad 1