British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

rain looks like the winner tomorrow night according to met / office forecast  :cry:

Town are at home too on Tuesday,  that'll cut the crowd

• Sad 1

And they are up against Glasgow v Oxford in the championship playoffs on BSN. Wednesday would have been a far better choice for fans.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

And they are up against Glasgow v Oxford in the championship playoffs on BSN. Wednesday would have been a far better choice for fans.

So Bomber rides where?

With Glasgow riding the same night, that's Harris out of it then 

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

Town are at home too on Tuesday,  that'll cut the crowd

That's a own goal 

• Like 1

Crazy decesion... why Tuesday and not Wednesday? So much for Chris Louis saying this “It would be wonderful to see Ipswich Town fans come and give us a look – give us a cheer for this one final meeting. The atmosphere at Portman Road in recent seasons has been phenomenal, I know, I’ve experienced it – and it’s been getting better and better at Foxhall as well.”

24 minutes ago, Badge said:

So Bomber rides where?

So who will Sheffield have in his place?

2 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Crazy decesion... why Tuesday and not Wednesday? So much for Chris Louis saying this “It would be wonderful to see Ipswich Town fans come and give us a look – give us a cheer for this one final meeting. The atmosphere at Portman Road in recent seasons has been phenomenal, I know, I’ve experienced it – and it’s been getting better and better at Foxhall as well.”

Brilliant decision

Harris now cant ride so there isnt a guest as good as he might have done

For once the Ipswich promotion not worrying about others and putting the meeting Tuesday so Harris cant ride

• Like 2

What a FARCE.

Harris the witch guests and gets Ippo into the final.

Now Harris the tiger appears to attempt to knock Ippo out of the final

Brings the sport into disrepute in my opinion.

Ippo may well have been better to declare Doyle unfit after aggravating his injury and booking Harris as  a guest again, to block such ridiculous guest rider selection by Sheffield. The sheffield  promoters" should be ashamed of themself.

Still speedway is a sport run by amateurs.

Oh by the way the Ippo leg has been delayed until TUESDAY due to a bad weather forecast ;-) ;-) .  I think Harris might be unavailable (riding for Glasgow ? )

Even worse Eurosport (if they show the meeting) will probably have to dig Sam Ermolenko out for a guest booking because Nicholls will be at Glasgow :rofl:

Clashes with the binners playing at home on Tuesday too, presumably there was no other choice? 

• Haha 1