British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Come Phillip please do not tease . What do you know ? 

I would love to be racing top flight again next season I just hope we can pull together a competitive team .

Could Rosco be tempted to manage the team ?

Will we be signing any former Wolves riders ? 

Will Stevebrum become a regular down PB ?

Lots to discuss .....

This is the worry. Not just for Brum but Lynn as well. I hope everyone is competitive, same in tye Championship. The gap between those with resources and good sponsorship & crowds needs to narrow and not widen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

This is the worry. Not just for Brum but Lynn as well. I hope everyone is competitive, same in tye Championship. The gap between those with resources and good sponsorship & crowds needs to narrow and not widen.

A higher points limit suggests the strong clubs get stronger, most of the Wolves riders you'd want to sign appear to be going to Leicester 

Becker would be worth an enquiry and you could get Steve Worrall.

Brum are going to need to get some heat leaders from somewhere especially a good no 1, I wish them well with that.

5 minutes ago, noaksey said:

A higher points limit suggests the strong clubs get stronger, most of the Wolves riders you'd want to sign appear to be going to Leicester 

Becker would be worth an enquiry and you could get Steve Worrall.

Brum are going to need to get some heat leaders from somewhere especially a good no 1, I wish them well with that.

Noaksey (or any Wolves supporter ) out of interest if the Brummies signed lets say Becker ,Flint and Masters as an example would you come watch the Brummies regularly or would it make no odds to you attending for your speedway fix ? Maybe even Getting fast Freddie as number 1 ? 

I am sure some I have named  of these have already signed else where I'm just using name's as examples .

20 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Noaksey (or any Wolves supporter ) out of interest if the Brummies signed lets say Becker ,Flint and Masters as an example would you come watch the Brummies regularly or would it make no odds to you attending for your speedway fix ? Maybe even Getting fast Freddie as number 1 ? 

I am sure some I have named  of these have already signed else where I'm just using name's as examples .

I don't think the likes of Becker or Worrall would make a huge difference, I think there might be a handful of Wolves fans that will attend PB regularly.

Someone like Lindgren though would be a game changer, that would probably give Birmingham the best chance of attracting Wolves fans (albeit the team overall will have to be decent, otherwise interest will wain quickly)

I'd certainly do a few at PB if he signs whereas it would be 1 or 2 otherwise 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

I don't think the likes of Becker or Worrall would make a huge difference, I think there might be a handful of Wolves fans that will attend PB regularly.

Someone like Lindgren though would be a game changer, that would probably give Birmingham the best chance of attracting Wolves fans (albeit the team overall will have to be decent, otherwise interest will wain quickly)

I'd certainly do a few at PB if he signs whereas it would be 1 or 2 otherwise 

I was told a few days ago about Premiership and Zagar is being sounded out as a possibility, not so sure myself but will believe it if it happens 

8 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

I was told a few days ago about Premiership and Zagar is being sounded out as a possibility, not so sure myself but will believe it if it happens 

With good airport links at Birmingham and EMA and Monday nights presumably, wonder if we could become stop off between Poland and Sweden or Denmark. 

Good quality Euro riders like Hefenbrock, Kvech, Lahti, Mickelson spring to mind. 

Smolinski is fit again. 

Lower down what about Brennan, Flint... 

Just now, HGould said:

With good airport links at Birmingham and EMA and Monday nights presumably, wonder if we could become stop off between Poland and Sweden or Denmark. 

Good quality Euro riders like Hefenbrock, Kvech, Lahti, Mickelson spring to mind. 

Smolinski is fit again. 

Lower down what about Brennan, Flint... 

Not so sure about Smolinski we don't want the 2013 team being re-assembled haha, Brennan I think would be OK signing, wouldn't mind Dudek either if he wanted to come to UK

21 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

He's ok as a 2nd/3rd heat leader but not a no 1

So, when are the BSF Admins going to lift & shift the Brummies thread into the right forum? :drink:

Edited by uk_martin

6 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

So, when are the BSF Admins going to lift & shift the Brummies thread into the right forum? :drink:

When the uncoordinate announcements: either leaks / drifts out / or a Chris Harris bubblegum piccy of his race suit appears!

44 minutes ago, lewy said:

Who is Birmingham team manager next season?

Should try and get Peter Adams or Sam Ermolenko...

With Fast Freddie at No1..

300 to 500 Wolves fans each week, added to £100k TV money could be the game changer...

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Should try and get Peter Adams or Sam Ermolenko...

With Fast Freddie at No1..

300 to 500 Wolves fans each week, added to £100k TV money could be the game changer...

The lower end of that figure at best I'd say plus they won't stick around if the team is pants irrespective of the likes of Lindgren

I don't think having Adams would put a single person on the gate and he's already said he won't be going there 

Well if the rumour mill is too be believed with Masters Becker and Douglas heading to Leicester it doesn't leave much to wet my appetite from what dregs are left from this seasons dingle team apart from Cook

Edited by zlata prilba

18 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

Well if the rumour mill is too be believed with Masters Becker and Douglas heading to Leicester it doesn't leave much to wet my appetite from what dregs are left from this seasons dingle team apart from Cook

Steve Worrall must be nailed on