British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He is not injured so can’t be replaced. Vissing is also fit now so he should ride.

Are you a doctor?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Barabas said:

Who's cheating to get an advantage coming from a Poole fan I've heard it all now...ace was hurt in his last meeting v Oxford & was previously hurt before with his arm just out a sling so how fit is he really I don't know tbh but if he's in any way iffy best to stand down it's not as if he's going well he's not its not about him now it's about what's best for the club we all know how hard it's going to be to beat Poole over the 2 legs  , how do you know vissing is fit ?? None of us up here have any news on claus so tell us all about it show us the proof ...if vissing isn't fit he shouldn't be racing either this isn't the time for that as i said about ace ,we need to give ourselves a fighting chance , if ace is not 100pct then jack shud race or whoever else , rr isn't that great for us for cv Oxford got more for jj r/r than we got for cv at ashfield so ?? ...don't pretend that Poole don't try every trick in the book they have done for god knows how long ..tigers can't have 2 riders not on it not fully fit its as simple as that ..Lee has ten lasts in 10 rides this season at Poole 7 in one meeting we can't have that if we want to win this title trophy either claus or Lee has to perform as ace sadly is really struggling I just don't see the boy getting points , the decisions on claus rr & ace at reserve is crucial for me our top 4 is strong enough now to get points we need just a few more points from elsewhere wether it's rr claus Lee at home & a reserve replacement for ace if he's out .. all eyes on the tm cami and plz no stupid decisions over the 2 meetings would help as well , the ridiculous heat 12 v Oxford leaving in pijper & not putting in Lee was beyond ridiculous 

Spoke to Ace after the meeting his hand got caught in the wheel, he still had no feeling in his hand then.

• Like 2

Looks like Scotland is getting biblical rain today, with up to seven inches possible in some places.

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

If he has a medical certificate to say otherwise then he is injured, it’s all conjecture let’s wait and see if he is fit or not.

The track may or may not be a quagmire lots of if buts or maybes in your post.

It will be whatever it will be instead of just making stuff up.

Surely the Tigers could have let us know how Ace was after his fall.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Their website isnt always the best for up to date info, their twitter is better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Spoke to Ace after the meeting his hand got caught in the wheel, he still had no feeling in his hand then.

best time to go to the bank then:party:

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Looks like Scotland is getting biblical rain today, with up to seven inches possible in some places.

Any track covers down? On the proviso that it was dry yesterday to be able to get them down on a dry track?

7 minutes ago, marko said:

Any track covers down? On the proviso that it was dry yesterday to be able to get them down on a dry track?

I very much doubt it. Track hasn't been dry for a couple of weeks. Our track staff are not very positive about track covers. Although we do have them, there aren't many situations when they are effective for us.

Edited by Noelinho

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Yup, think Noah just went down my street. Best of luck to the track staff!

28 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yup, think Noah just went down my street. Best of luck to the track staff!

Tuesday night?

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Tuesday night?

Not looking any more promising. Thursday is the first day looking a bit better, but would be a weird day for us.

7 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Tuesday night?

Met office saying Monday looks dry, but whether be enough time to dry track out I'm not sure as this will be down to the base I'd guess 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

No need to, Dr Shovelar's signed his fitness form he's good to go. 

Think the good Dr is also heading out to Denmark to carry out a fitness test on Claus later this afternoon.

• Haha 4

I cannot for the life of me see this meeting on tomorrow, cue the conspiracy theorists as to why Glasgow are trying to manipulate to get the 2nd leg.