British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

19 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Backtracked quicker than Rishi Sunak. 

Backtracked on what exactly ?what do u want to happen to old Geoff Mr bojangles tell us all... 

29 minutes ago, Barabas said:

Backtracked on what exactly ?what do u want to happen to old Geoff Mr bojangles tell us all... 

See below. I don't want anything to happen to him. I've had my run ins with Geoff in the past, but decided against 'sorting him out' like most civilised people would.

On 10/8/2023 at 11:41 AM, Barabas said:

I hope you do say that to my face because it will be the last time you do pal failing that send me your details & I'll drive to see you & sort u out...

On 10/8/2023 at 12:09 PM, Barabas said:

...seen as how your old as the hills & on the werthers originals for your sake ill leave it there

I'm looking forward to tonight but i'll be sad to see the racing at Ashfield draw to a close at the end of the proceedings. It's certainly been a very disjointed season this year so hopefully next year will be a lot better in that respect. Here's to a good result tonight (and Wednesday night) and roll on next season!

Edited by Nickinho
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Think of something new brains.

100 lines for you, i must not call people names 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I'm looking forward to tonight but i'll be sad to see the racing at Ashfield draw to a close at the end of the proceedings. It's certainly been a very disjointed season this year so hopefully next year will be a lot better in that respect. Here's to a good result tonight (and Wednesday night) and roll on next season!

The racing I have has been good though.Like you say need to sort out fixtures better next year.People lose interest if it’s disjointed .

Green light for tonight by the looks of it & feels strange having a massive final meeting on a Monday night but hey hoo here we go.

The track conditions could be a factor after the tidal wave of rain recently but the track staff are excellent at Ashfield.

Pray Cami plays a good hand tonight & no “high jinx” 

30 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The racing I have has been good though.Like you say need to sort out fixtures better next year.People lose interest if it’s disjointed .

For me, the racing has been the most consistently exciting I’ve ever seen over a whole season and the atmosphere has been electric. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, GS550 said:

45 mins from Greenock to Falkirk is some going!  :o :D 

Possible to do in 45 mins when its quiet and no traffic but never at peak time when it would be more like double that - M8 across Kingston Bridge could take an hour on its own at peak time, the same for the M80 which is a car park at rush hour peak time, or a car park at anytime when there's an accident or a breakdown and tailbacks for miles, been there done that.

It’s not a route I am familiar with tbh, I could easily have misheard. 3 and a half hours though is definitely a lot longer than you would expect tho!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lioness said:

It’s not a route I am familiar with tbh, I could easily have misheard. 3 and a half hours though is definitely a lot longer than you would expect tho!

:t:

Edited by GS550
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ragdoll64 said:

For me, the racing has been the most consistently exciting I’ve ever seen over a whole season and the atmosphere has been electric. 

Any team with bomber and Basso is exciting to watch I would imagine ,hope its a great meeting tonight for those at the track and watching on tv. Also hope Havvy doesnt make any howlers either, it has been known! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

100 lines for you, i must not call people names 

100 attempts for you to come up with something original you boring man.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Isn’t Middlo there? 

Yes. Middlo and Havvy are both there. Extra cotton wool for Middlo's nose bleeds!:t:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Isn’t Middlo there? 

Doubt it, meetings up north are  Havvy's although I think we could do with Middlo's input.