British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

6 hours ago, DJEuan said:

Oh Cami has replied on Facebook. " Lee Complin had 6 rides had a fall and problems with his steel shoe 7 rides in 14 races is extremely difficult"

Lee Complin has the biggest balls and heart in that side, he rides with a f***ing trailing leg !!! So the shoe bit is beyond me, he just got two points in heat 11.

I am convinced Lee would've ridden with his arm in a cast and a pair of flip flops if the side needed him.

Either someone's made a mistake, or someone's been told to put Ace out.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

How many rides is a steel shoe allowed to do when a team runs RR?:D

Depends if it's at reserve

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

His steel shoe could only manage 6 tonight.

After all it’s a big ask for a steel shoe to do 7 rides in 14 heats.

I'd have more respect if he come out and said was keeping Lee fresh in hope of a 5-1 in heat 14. But a steel shoe issue 3 heats (and an interval) earlier? Come on 

What's more disappointing to me is flipping through the websites of the sun, daily rebel & herald see absolutely no mention of it. Sure be a tiny snippet somewhere in one of the written versions but another sad indictment of where our sport lies in this country.

• Like 1

I’m laughing at it this morning, but that Joe Thompson did my nut in last night.:lol:

He took out Pijper, but didn’t as much as acknowledge him as he passed him on his return to the pits. He the retired in heat six, but didn’t actually leave the track; he just casually leaned his bike on the inside of the back straight. He then chucked the towel in while in last in fourteen; something no young rider should do.

Trivial this morning, but I was a bit like “what the f*ck?” last night.:lol:

To be fair, I did tell four colleagues who I encouraged to attend last night that I thought Joe Thompson was highly regarded during the parade - I’d never seen him ride, but heard good things - so my observation wasn’t exactly justified by his performance.

• Like 1

All these young” throttle jockeys” should watch Bomber entering the bends when chasing opposition,understeering to keep the speed up the swooping round he outside out of bend a true masterclass of throttle control and “balls”.Plus he is loving it.That was some display he gave last night.IMO

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I’m laughing at it this morning, but that Joe Thompson did my nut in last night.:lol:

He took out Pijper, but didn’t as much as acknowledge him as he passed him on his return to the pits. He the retired in heat six, but didn’t actually leave the track; he just casually leaned his bike on the inside of the back straight. He then chucked the towel in while in last in fourteen; something no young rider should do.

Trivial this morning, but I was a bit like “what the f*ck?” last night.:lol:

To be fair, I did tell four colleagues who I encouraged to attend last night that I thought Joe Thompson was highly regarded during the parade - I’d never seen him ride, but heard good things - so my observation wasn’t exactly justified by his performance.

He got third?? Or was that H12? lol

Nope it was H11. Dear me. Only just over 12 hours ago and forgotten what has happened already! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

All these young” throttle jockeys” should watch Bomber entering the bends when chasing opposition,understeering to keep the speed up the swooping round he outside out of bend a true masterclass of throttle control and “balls”.Plus he is loving it.That was some display he gave last night.IMO

You and I don’t see eye-to-eye, but I couldn’t agree more with this observation.

Harris, especially in heats ten and fifteen, showed a hunger and ability beyond anything I saw all evening. He had Ben Cook, then Lawson and Worrall on toast.

Then there’s Basso in heat fifteen; basically following Worrall with no actual attack strategy.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He got third?? Or was that H12? lol

Newman came third in heat twelve, I think.:lol:

Thompson came last in heats five, six and fourteen; one was a retirement and in another, he threw in the towel. I don’t understand young riders who do this. Keep chasing; anything can happen. Who cares if you’re chasing what looks like a losing battle. 

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

1 minute ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Thompson came last in heats five, six and fourteen; one was a retirement and one he threw in the towel.

Middlo says he just wants Joe to beat the other no7, which he did when he was allowed to be in the race! 

2 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Thompson came last in heats five, six and fourteen; one was a retirement and one he threw in the towel.

Thompson beat Tarasenko from the back.

• Like 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Middlo says he just wants Joe to beat the other no7, which he did when he was allowed to be in the race! 

He also beat Tarasenko which he can be delighted about, but I just found a few things he did to be frustrating.