British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

No we will be fine 

A referee got one decision wrong in heat 4 when Hume locked up and Doyle hit him

You won’t find one Ipswich fan who dowsnt think we got lucky in heat 4 we all totally believe Hume was fortunate and the ref made the wrong choice 

Whats hilarious is the Sheffield fans blaming the ref for making lots of bad decisions …. It was one and it cost Sheffield a point as the re run was a 4-2 and if Hume had have been excluded it would have been a 3-3

In the semi final Connor Bailey was not under power when a race was stopped yet was still awarded a point that ultimately almost cost Ipswich….. hasn’t been pages and pages about the ref from Ipswich fans 

Instead of blaming the ref perhaps Sheffield fans can look at the performances of certain riders as the issue ….. and the petulant brat at number one 

Overall I think Sheffield were lucky to get 18, yes Hume could/should have got excluded in heat 4, the other moaning was Doyle starting behind the tapes not at the tapes but Hume made mistakes when in scoring positions which cost Ipswich far more especially when half a lap in from of Holder. Referees make mistakes, that is a fact. As for Lambert words escape me, well one springs to mind!! If i I was Sheffield I would postpone now, a damp track would favour Ipswich in my view.

• Like 1

could some of the Sheffield natives explain to us neutrals which Ipswich riders usually go well around Sheffield and the one's that don't....genuinely interested.

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

smith fell on last bend bailey could have pushed home if he needed to he just rolled over line so point was correct decision !!

Sorry have a look and then get back to me 

Bailey broke down before Smith fell - fact

Smith fell bend 4 LAP THREE!!!

Bailey could have pushed home for a lap and a half yes …… but the rules of the sport are simple …if you are not under power WHEN A RACE IS STOPPED … you are excluded 

Much different to a race completing 4 laps and then a guy pushes home for a point as the race has reached a conclusion 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Odds On said:

could some of the Sheffield natives explain to us neutrals which Ipswich riders usually go well around Sheffield and the one's that don't....genuinely interested.

Since 2021

King 60 pts from 32 rides

Riss 24 pts 22 rides

Rew 11 pts 12 rides

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2023/searchridervstrack.php?mc1=s&mc2=rv&mc3=x&mc4=x&er=0

Does all the work

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

doesn't matter he can still push home he was just behind smith you don't have to be powered to finish and get a point !! the red lights came on after blodorn crossed the finish line a winners heat time was given hence bailey was allowed to cross the line not under power !!

Nonsense, suggest you re-watch.

2 hours ago, AceBelle said:

doesn't matter he can still push home he was just behind smith you don't have to be powered to finish and get a point !! the red lights came on after blodorn crossed the finish line a winners heat time was given hence bailey was allowed to cross the line not under power !!

I’m pretty sure from this quote there are only 2 ways of thinking 

Either you don’t know the rules or you haven’t watched it …. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you haven’t seen it 

Bailey broke down on lap 3

Smith fell on lap 3

Race was awarded…. NO TIME WAS GIVEN

If a race is awarded then the result is given in the positions of the race that at that point ……..At that point Bailey wasn’t in the race he had broken down 

You can’t push home for a point if you have broken down in a race that has been awarded…. You can push home when only 2 riders have finished the full 4 laps

Us Ipswich fans know we got lucky with Hume not being excluded on Tuesday and I’m sure Belle Vue fans know they got lucky with Bailey being given a point 

As I’ve said I’m guessing you haven’t seen it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AceBelle said:

hypothetical comment IF b/vue had full team they would be in the final ? but they didn't and sheffield don't have so that's speedway what will be will be ? personally i hope for ipswich win :t:

Hypothetical, IF Witches had their chosen Rising Star, or even their replacement Rising star, or IF Riss hadn’t spent all year with a debilitating illness that he’s still struggling with, we’d have made the final even more comfortably. Ifs buts and maybes b0llocks. Stop trying to make excuses for a team that fails, and discredits the team that succeeds. 

:t:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Odds On said:

Never knew it existed but a little gem!

Ditto

Looking forward to my final speedway fix on TV tonight. Whilst all us neutrals would like to see the aggregate outcome go down to the last couple of heats, I just cannot see Sheffield producing enough race winners. They need at least five more heat advantages than Ipswich. If Emil & Doyle are on it, the rest of the Witches won't need to do very much.

48 minutes ago, Badge said:

:t:

I guess he's a prime example of 'if you want to make a small fortune from speedway, you have to start with a large one'!:rolleyes:

• Haha 1