British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

2 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Let's hope so, perhaps high on his agenda should be how the riders talk on TV and the centre green microphone etc.  Also perhaps if a rider has a grievance with the Ref the Team Manager should sort it out not "riders having a word with the Ref"

Nick Morris needs to act decisively over this issue, including imposition of a severe penalty to Woffinden. If he doesn't, he is a straw man

• Like 1

Tbf what does anyone expect it is Rob Lambert and Tai we are doing about. They have never been nice have they? Hopefully they be kept out of British Speedway for the rest of their career, won't hold my breath though. 

2 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Nick Morris needs to act decisively over this issue, including imposition of a severe penalty to Woffinden. If he doesn't, he is a straw man

Do you mean Phil Morris? Nick is serving a ban of his own! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Mr. Woffinden disgraced himself again ( not for the first time) Last time he attacked a supporter, now he verbally abuses Ipswich on network TV. A very poor advert for the sport, genrating the WRONG type of publicity. 

A "WILD card" nomination for the SGP series is appropriate. 

What with whingeing Lambert (R) on Tuesday and now the swearing Woffinden, our British sports  "stars" really do need to be better educated when speaking to the media. 

Agree re Woffinden, disgraceful behaviour.

As for Lambert, I was happy to hear what he had to say after the meeting on Tuesday, it was probably less than 5mins after he'd finished racing, his adrenalin will have been flowing, he didn't swear, he made his points clearly and ended it with a positive statement about getting himself another winners medal on Thursday, which he duly delivered on, can't fault him on that.  Unfair to lump the 2 of them together imo.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Bash said:

It wasn't just by the fans it was by Lambert's mum & sister, kicking, hitting and abusive, such a lovely family

They've a history of that sort of behaviour,  perhaps that's why he's based in Poland now to distance himself a bit. But breeding will out.

As for Tai, as a father of young children,  one wonders if that's how he speaks to them, or around them:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf what does anyone expect it is Rob Lambert and Tai we are doing about. They have never been nice have they? Hopefully they be kept out of British Speedway for the rest of their career, won't hold my breath though. 

Do you mean Phil Morris? Nick is serving a ban of his own! 

Oh yes!

Of course the management committee can sort this all out can't they... 

Oh hang on. 

Can Mr C Louis and Mr D Bates please leave the Room whilst Mr Godfrey and Mr Ford lift the carpet up and get the broom out. 

• Haha 1

nw42 … agree that Lambert (R) interview whingeing was a minor incident compared to the downright disgraceful language used by Mr Woffinden. 

Hopefully we will not see him in British Speedway next season until the p.offs 2024, as he remains a  WILD card in the SGP and will be in the Polish Leagues. 

14 hours ago, Gambo said:

Or go to Rome.:D

Oh yes, & if i remember correctly it must have been an early flight for him, as he had to leave the meeting before the finish .Which was a shame :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Badge said:

Well had a night's sleep to get over the disappointment,  but am pleased for tigerblade, Kyle,  Picko and Jason. 

We win as a team and lose as a team, and boy has this witches 7 been a team. It has been an absolute joy having Emil race for us and along with Doyley must take the credit (along with Peterborough obviously) for us being in  the final. 

I'm sure Guy is a happy bunny, both his teams winning the end of season trophies. 

Thank you :wub: I've seen Danny King and Erik Riss much maligned on platforms like this, for a long time, but it was mainly down to the efforts of those two in the first leg at Owlerton, that won you the Knockout Cup x

• Like 1

Hahahah gavans posts how comical !!!! 

Congrats to Sheffield on winning the title. Don't agree with amount of guests they used over the two legs, should've been the same 7 riders in both legs but used rules to their advantage.

Can anyone please post the winning times from last night as it was so noisy couldn't hear them being announced

15 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Oh yes, & if i remember correctly it must have been an early flight for him, as he had to leave the meeting before the finish .Which was a shame :)

Direct fight from to Poole car park to Rome lol.  Best ever post is the next time cov hammered Poole at home..and someone had  Shov super imposed in Poole Harbour. Still makes me laugh now.

• Haha 3

What I don't get with the woody thing, it's not like he's life long Tigers fan who has ridden for the club for years and has let the emotion get the better of him, he's rode a hand full of meetings.  It's very strange behaviour from a professional.  I didn't agree with what Robert said on Tuesday night, but he'd just finished the meeting, rode well below his usual standard, and probably let the emotion of the bad night get to him, Woffy had zero excuses. 

56 minutes ago, Bash said:

It wasn't just by the fans it was by Lambert's mum & sister, kicking, hitting and abusive, such a lovely family

Hope you actually saw this happen, otherwise not a good thing to put on forum, so i take you you were actually in attendance

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bash said:

Congrats to Sheffield on winning the title. Don't agree with amount of guests they used over the two legs, should've been the same 7 riders in both legs but used rules to their advantage.

Can anyone please post the winning times from last night as it was so noisy couldn't hear them being announced

Is there a reason why Etheridge didnt ride at Ipswich?