British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

3 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

The powers that be must take some action against Woffinden - he must not be allowed to get away with what he said to a packed stadium that included many youngsters.

From the John McEnroe school of yob behaviour, this fading nonentity is desperately trying to keep himself relevant by being controversial.

At 33 and clearly being now being quite accident prone, his career at the top is finished. 

I remember him a few years ago when standing of the podium spitting, as a National anthem was being played.  Can you imagine Mauger, Collins, Briggs Nielsen, Gundersen etc doing that?

He is an embarrassment to the sport.

To be fair, those who you mention, especially the first 3, had a much wider public profile which was much larger than Tai's was, is, and ever will be...

His racing level now is dropping so fast that maybe he feels he needs to be "street" to remain in the public eye..?

But. At 33 it does look a little sad to be honest to try and come across as "hardcore yoof"....:D

Maybe he could do some of that great music he does about it? :D

My 20 year old lad, who has always been a huge fan of Tai given his success coincided with my lads formative Speedway watching years, summed it up quite elequontly when he said...

"What a f***ing knob, how old is he?"...:D

Edited by mikebv

Sadly, the bigger picture to the BSPL will be that it was a classic season. Underdogs reach the final, a huge comeback by Sheffield that went down to the wire. Regardless of Lambert coming in for the final, they will see it that GP riders want to be involved in British Speedway. 

By bringing Birmingham in to replace Wolves gives the league credibility again in their eyes, despite Brummies not being there on any sort of merit but having spent the last 5yrs flirting with the wooden spoon and survival! But still the BSPL think everything is rosy in the garden.... 

1 hour ago, Goldhawk said:

Robert is a credit to sport and at this time GB'S BEST RIDER. He expressed rightly his views on track and referee decisions Tuesday which were poor to say the least. 

Debatable, Bewley only finished a few pts behind him in the GP's and if we take their Poish averages (supposed to be the best league in the world) Lambert is 19th whereas Bewley is 9th!!

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf what does anyone expect it is Rob Lambert and Tai we are doing about. They have never been nice have they? Hopefully they be kept out of British Speedway for the rest of their career, won't hold my breath though. 

Do you mean Phil Morris? Nick is serving a ban of his own! 

:D

Classic BSF overreaction. Why would the authorities exclude two world class riders who put bums on seats? Presumably you felt the same about Darcy when he was up to all sorts of things as a Poole rider  ;)

All a storm in a teacup. Neither rider probably should have said what they did (particularly Tai) but let's be sensible. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, tyler42 said:

Debatable, Bewley only finished a few pts behind him in the GP's and if we take their Poish averages (supposed to be the best league in the world) Lambert is 19th whereas Bewley is 9th!!

I think the only way they can be judged head to head is in the GP's, there was very little between them but Robert has finished above Dan both times. I get what you are saying about averages but Bewley finished below several riders in the British averages who he is far better than. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the only way they can be judged head to head is in the GP's, there was very little between them but Robert has finished above Dan both times. I get what you are saying about averages bit Bewley finished below several riders in the British averages who he is far better than. 

Lambert only 19th thats not great, personally I believe Lambert is as good as he will ever be, Bewley has potential to be world champion 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lambert only 19th thats not great, personally I believe Lambert is as good as he will ever be, Bewley has potential to be world champion 

I am going to stick up for Lambert a bit - I recall seeing him ride at Owlerton in 2016 or so when in his debut season for Newcastle - you could tell he would be a star and let’s be clear he is - which is why his sourly interview on Tuesday was in my view beneath a great rider - he was a bad interviewee for sure! 

his trajectory up has been quick he just needs perhaps a bit of humility and to learn that skill of speaking your mind with greater tact and diplomacy winning and losing with magnanimity 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf what does anyone expect it is Rob Lambert and Tai we are doing about. They have never been nice have they? Hopefully they be kept out of British Speedway for the rest of their career, won't hold my breath though. 

Do you mean Phil Morris? Nick is serving a ban of his own! 

Blimey Lisa :blink:. What about Chris Holder then:). Did much worse when he was at Lynn, than  Lambo's comments about the ref/Ippo track...  Oh and  Mr Holder said "You cant race on that" 2 weeks ago in an interview at Foxhall when asked about the track ;). Oh and Mr Ward wasn't snow white either if my memory serves me right ;)

Oh i saw these, and thought of you:P

Blue tinted glasses hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

Tai is a lot worse than Robert in my book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

bewley also won a GP this sesaon 3 in total Lambert zero GP wins :t:

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the only way they can be judged head to head is in the GP's, there was very little between them but Robert has finished above Dan both times. I get what you are saying about averages bit Bewley finished below several riders in the British averages who he is far better than. 

Bewely 3 GP wins Lambert zero GP wins think those are classed as head to head :t:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So, clearly he isn't then. 

5 hours ago, tellboy said:

I agree re Woffinden.He could have said the same comments but just remove the F word and it would have been funny.Lambert was interviewed while the adrenalin was still pumping and things then can come out skewed.

The thing that is getting me a bit though is people saying they are immature,embarrassing,thick etc.And yet most of the posters who post these are posting immature and embarrassing remarks themselves.It's like pot,kettle,black.

For instance your post calling them as such,yet look at your immature remark calling Woffinden a tattoed gibbon.

I ain't a so called PROFESSIONAL sportsman who is supposed to be a role model to youngsters and my words weren't on live TV either!!.... Next please, try harder!! 

3 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

So, clearly he isn't then. 

Painful 

16 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

bewley also won a GP this sesaon 3 in total Lambert zero GP wins :t:

13 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Bewely 3 GP wins Lambert zero GP wins think those are classed as head to head :t:

That's great but points across the whole season is more accurate, if anything it highlights Bewleys inconsistency. If you wanted to go micro with the head to head we could refer to heat 18 last Saturday ;)

TBH it seems a bit churlish to be arguing about who is better than who, they are both great talents and most importantly British.

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Bewley is a great sportsman and a credit to any sport. Speedway is lucky to have him. Lambert is a spoilt brat, always was, always will be . If you hear or see his parents behaviour, especially his mother, you will see why he is the way he is.

Tai is is own worst enemy. On a personal basis he can be very polite. It’s just a pity that he doesn’t know how to project himself to a wider audience at times. Tai and Lambert are professional entertainers. If the fans don’t come they, and others will be out of a job. Both are old enough to know how to behave in public. They will probably never learn now.

• Like 1