British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Might only get 11,500 crowds but virtually impossible to get a ticket. Demand outstrips ticket availability 3 to one. A 25,000 seater stadium would see a 25,000 crowd every home match.AFCB going the same way as Brentford and Brighton in the next three years.

Are Bournemouth building a new stadium, as they could get relegated this season, & wouldn't fill a new stadium in the Championship ?

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

You build to the standard available. If that is “NDL” riders then so be it. The problem is of British Speedway’s making, so the sport here has to fix its own mess. Sadly that is done in the form of papering over the cracks with more doubling up generally. 

I'm not entirely sure what point you're making - or disagreeing with, if you are. This is a British speedway problem to fix, yes, - not one I can see the current promoters fixing - and should have been fixed a long time ago.

It's very well saying you build to the standard available but if that is juniors/novice riders then how will that help things? It probably does resolve the problem in fairness as there'll be a lot less clubs to worry about in a couple of seasons time.

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

AFC Bournemouths ground only holds approx 11 thousand fans and that includes away support  as well

Maybe they should groundshare with Southampton as there the bigger club up that way as the saints are a 2nd division club now lol.then all them extra fans could get in.

Edited by Mike0310

Clubs should operate at a level that is financially sustainable and build a team that meets that criteria!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Maybe they should groundshare with Southampton as there the bigger club up that way as the saints are a 2nd division club now lol.then all them extra fans could get in.

That's right we are a bigger club :D  I would love for you to tell other Saints fans this idea, not sure you would live to tell the tale though lol. 

Edited by lisa-colette

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Might only get 11,500 crowds but virtually impossible to get a ticket. Demand outstrips ticket availability 3 to one. A 25,000 seater stadium would see a 25,000 crowd every home match.AFCB going the same way as Brentford and Brighton in the next three years.

Nonsense. The only reason they may stay up this year is due to such poor teams being promoted this season. If , like most seasons , one of the newly promoted teams was good enough to stay up, Bournemouth would be a cert to go down. 

1 hour ago, RogerM22 said:

I'm not entirely sure what point you're making - or disagreeing with, if you are. This is a British speedway problem to fix, yes, - not one I can see the current promoters fixing - and should have been fixed a long time ago.

It's very well saying you build to the standard available but if that is juniors/novice riders then how will that help things? It probably does resolve the problem in fairness as there'll be a lot less clubs to worry about in a couple of seasons time.

Like you say lowering the standard doesn’t really help things,especially if admission prices stay the same( suppose you could use inflation as the excuse).It creates the same problem as before where middle order riders cost more as they are more sought after,keeping the wage bill high.

17 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Nonsense. The only reason they may stay up this year is due to such poor teams being promoted this season. If , like most seasons , one of the newly promoted teams was good enough to stay up, Bournemouth would be a cert to go down. 

More chance of staying up now, with Everton being deducted 10pts

1 hour ago, RogerM22 said:

It will help things by clubs finally cutting their cloth accordingly. Though as Fromafar says those lesser riders will naturally put their wage demands up too. 

Clubs aren’t closing because of the standard of riders. They’re closing because of the standard of promotion and running of the sport in the main. 

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

Are Bournemouth building a new stadium, as they could get relegated this season, & wouldn't fill a new stadium in the Championship ?

100% this mainly because they are in the premiership they are likely to sell out every week, if they got relegated you’d lose some of the crowd as many teams do when they drop out of the premier league.

50 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

100% this mainly because they are in the premiership they are likely to sell out every week, if they got relegated you’d lose some of the crowd as many teams do when they drop out of the premier league.

Bournemouth won’t be relegated and have a decent side. They had a very tough start to the season playing top 6 sides. Form is decent and they will finish above Fulham, Wolves, Forest, Luton, Burnley and probably Everton. Bit of a mainstay in the top flight over the last decade. New training facility well on the way to completion and when that’s done, the new stadium will be built where the current training pitches are now. As for the 11500 capacity inc away fans, it’s obligatory to give away fans 10% of the attendance. Bournemouth could fill a 20,000 stadium no problem whatsoever.

Sorry Plymouth fans to divert from your thread but I know there’s no news whatsoever for your team at the moment.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bournemouth won’t be relegated and have a decent side. They had a very tough start to the season playing top 6 sides. Form is decent and they will finish above Fulham, Wolves, Forest, Luton, Burnley and probably Everton. Bit of a mainstay in the top flight over the last decade. New training facility well on the way to completion and when that’s done, the new stadium will be built where the current training pitches are now. As for the 11500 capacity inc away fans, it’s obligatory to give away fans 10% of the attendance. Bournemouth could fill a 20,000 stadium no problem whatsoever.

Sorry Plymouth fans to divert from your thread but I know there’s no news whatsoever for your team at the moment.

Ill happily bet you 100 quid that Fulham and Wolves finish above Bournemouth in the league this season. 

For some reason you are over hyping them hugely - their a poor team. They will finish 16th or 17th - depending on how Everton bounce back from their points deduction and if they end up facing any more deductions. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nah. Everton will still finish above Bournemouth, comfortably. 

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Ill happily bet you 100 quid that Fulham and Wolves finish above Bournemouth in the league this season. 

For some reason you are over hyping them hugely - their a poor team. They will finish 16th or 17th - depending on how Everton bounce back from their points deduction and if they end up facing any more deductions. 

I’d say it’s more likely those deductions get reduced if not wiped off completely on appeal. Listening to the finance experts this afternoon, they have a very strong case. Even if they don’t win the appeal, Everton will stay up comfortably. One of the form teams at the moment and going well. The three promoted clubs are absolutely rotten. 

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nah. Everton will still finish above Bournemouth, comfortably. 

I’d say it’s more likely those deductions get reduced if not wiped off completely on appeal. Listening to the finance experts this afternoon, they have a very strong case. Even if they don’t win the appeal, Everton will stay up comfortably. One of the form teams at the moment and going well. The three promoted clubs are absolutely rotten. 

City will be getting a 1000 point deduction...:D

I wonder why it has taken so long yet so quick for Everton? 

Hmmmmm. One of life's imponderable's I suppose... ;)

31 minutes ago, mikebv said:

City will be getting a 1000 point deduction...:D

I wonder why it has taken so long yet so quick for Everton? 

Hmmmmm. One of life's imponderable's I suppose... ;)

Not entirely sure, but I’m guessing that a single charge against Everton is quicker and easier to sort than 115 charges against City which will be more complex. Will City ever get charged? The cynic in me says no and they’ve simply made an example out of Everton here rather than go after the oil clubs backed by hundreds of billions and risk getting taken to the cleaners!

Let’s not forget either, Six clubs went behind the Premier League’s back and their own fans’ back, to secretly join a European super league which threatened to destroy the entire English football pyramid. Their punishment? A fine of around 22 million spread between the six of them and a telling off. Everton one single breach of P&S rules relating to a tax issue on a loan for their new Stadium, and they get hit with an unprecedented 10 point deduction?? Yeah, that stinks to high heaven. 

Edit: apologies to the Plymouth fans for going off track on your thread. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1