British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

54 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:
  1. :unsure::unsure:Is this meant to be a Speedway related thread ? 

38 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

Plymouth Gladiators. I thought I would remind people this is their speedway thread.

ps Steve Shovlar you talk about AFC Bournemouth but I thought Swindon FC are your team.

Did you miss the part under my post where I apologised for going off track on a Plymouth thread? What do you want? Blood??

40 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

Plymouth Gladiators. I thought I would remind people this is their speedway thread.

ps Steve Shovlar you talk about AFC Bournemouth but I thought Swindon FC are your team.

So you get on your high horse about a thread being derailed by football, and then proceed to discuss football in the very same post? LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sherborne Green said:

They are. And in a disgraceful shape. Need investment and 6 new players!  I have been watching AFCB this season as well as town. The two clubs won’t meet for many years so no conflict of interest. Town always first. Just like the Cherries as a team and believe they will do better as the season goes on.

I know at the mo Plymouth haven’t got anyone other than Barker signed. A few riders have said no due to travelling distances from their bases on the continent. Just not worth it financially for them. But you an be sure Gary May is on the case!

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They are. And in a disgraceful shape. Need investment and 6 new players!  I have been watching AFCB this season as well as town. The two clubs won’t meet for many years so no conflict of interest. Town always first. Just like the Cherries as a team and believe they will do better as the season goes on.

I know at the mo Plymouth haven’t got anyone other than Barker signed. A few riders have said no due to travelling distances from their bases on the continent. Just not worth it financially for them. But you an be sure Gary May is on the case!

I know you're wrong. 

Right, let's get this back on track - No talk about other clubs, other sports - Just the Gladiators...

We know that Mark wants to run on a Saturday night next season, realistically from last season who remains? Barker is a certainty. Pearson impressed towards the end of the season? Who else returns? 

I’m just very happy we are running again next year nice one mark. I hope you succeed in the present and future.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Might only get 11,500 crowds but virtually impossible to get a ticket. Demand outstrips ticket availability 3 to one. A 25,000 seater stadium would see a 25,000 crowd every home match.AFCB going the same way as Brentford and Brighton in the next three years.

if you say so :rofl:

Nice to see Plymouth confirmed.

Good club.

Good fans.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Did you miss the part under my post where I apologised for going off track on a Plymouth thread? What do you want? Blood??

OK. You did not really know what the post was about. I was a Poole season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember. I have known Steve for many, many years and knew where his football routes are and was really joking with him. Also I live in Dorset and have been a season ticket at Argyle for over 27 years.

I am very interested in Plymouth Speedway having watched them off and on since 1962.

Hope you see I was not on any high horse.

13 hours ago, jbell1995 said:

Right, let's get this back on track - No talk about other clubs, other sports - Just the Gladiators...

We know that Mark wants to run on a Saturday night next season, realistically from last season who remains? Barker is a certainty. Pearson impressed towards the end of the season? Who else returns? 

Pearson away to Glasgow

• Thanks 1