Is it time to fill in the blanks?

1. ?

2. Bowtell

3. D. Thompson

4. Gilkes

5. Barker

6. ?

7. J. Thompson

I refer you to my post of 19 November when I outlined the above. Add Covatti and now Newman for the starting seven.

8 hours ago, TTT said:

1. ?

2. Bowtell

3. D. Thompson

4. Gilkes

5. Barker

6. ?

7. J. Thompson

Troy B number 1

Pearson number 6

Newman instead of Gilkes 

Edited by Chef1

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

I refer you to my post of 19 November when I outlined the above. Add Covatti and now Newman for the starting seven.

And you'll still be wrong :drink:

1 hour ago, Chef1 said:

Troy B number 1

Pearson number 6

Newman instead of Gilkes 

Batch's average is lower than Barker's though? 

Try Bradley Wilson Dean maybe. Not many “free” riders with an average more than Barkers. Only a suggestion. 

13 hours ago, TTT said:

1. ?

2. Bowtell

3. D. Thompson

4. Gilkes

5. Barker

6. ?

7. J. Thompson

With my limited knowledge surely Dan Thompson is not a heat leader nothing personal but this doesn't look a very strong team but maybe I'm talking nonsense,Mike 0310 the voice of Plymouth knowledge what do you think ?

Edited by Essex

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Batch's average is lower than Barker's though? 

…….plus the fact I can’t believe anyone would want him as a number 1 even if it was higher than Barker’s. 

8 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Richie Worrall R/R at number 1 probably knowing this lots previous form or is Eddie Kennett available again?

Eddie won't be no1 as he's had his average adjusted due to being out for so long with injury, but he's back to full fitness now and says he has unfinished business at Plymouth :t:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Essex said:

With my limited knowledge surely Dan Thompson is not a heat leader nothing personal but this doesn't look a very strong team but maybe I'm talking nonsense,Mike 0310 the voice of Plymouth knowledge what do you think ?

I don't think he is either but with the reduced points limit this season I think a number of teams will be starting the season with two genuine heat leaders and three second stringers with the hope one will develop into a heat leader, especially if they want to have some strength at reserve.

You could say the same about Oxford who have completed their team. Heeps / Jenkins are not 3rd heat leader material based on last seasons form but I'm sure they will be hoping that one will develop into that (especially at home). Thompson came on leaps and bounds last season in fairness to him and showed he can do more than ride Leicester.

Much will depend on who we bring in to ride at number 1 and reserve. Alfie and Ben should score really well at home, I'm not sold on both Thompsons personally but I do see that happening. Newman is more likely than Gilkes, which is a shame as I really rate Gilkes and I'm not sure Newman improves his average from last season being away from Poole but time will tell.

13 hours ago, Chef1 said:

Troy B number 1

Pearson number 6

Newman instead of Gilkes 

Depends on averages I guess...

Barker - 7.41, Bowtell - 4.48, D Thompson - 4.86, J Thompson - 3.51 = 20.26 

So last three would need to be 17.74 or less. Newman would be 5.51, Gilkes 4.84 and Pearson is 4.08. If Newman and Pearson, we 'd have 8.15 for a number 1. If Gilkes and Pearson, we'd have 8.82 for a number one. Pretty sure Gilkes is off to Scunny so if rumours are to be believed the number one would be up to 8.15. 

Options definitely more limited with 8.15 so hoping we've got a bit more than that for our top rider.