British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Overall he had a poor season by his standards and some of his scores were very below par especially after being out injured which is understandable but never really seemed to regain the level he is capable of. On his day a very good rider at Championship level and would be a good signing if he could get back to anywhere near his best.

He did have a poor season,a lot attributed to illness,but there is no doubt he is a class rider if getting back to anything near his best.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 2:28 PM, poole keith said:

purely going on riss recent performances at poole he seemed a rider a long way off full confidence,he was looking behind at least 6 or more times in every race,at his best a fair signing but jmo a real risk.I do think its essential both for the league and plymouth speedway that they have a competitive team this season and to that end would support the promoters easing the rules if necessary to make that possible

Injuries and bike issues were a problem for Riss throughout last year. If he returns to his best he would be a great signing.

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

Injuries and bike issues were a problem for Riss throughout last year. If he returns to his best he would be a great signing.

I don't think Plymouth's new Saturday race day would suit Riss?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, King of the Boeotians said:

Not sure the Saturday race night suits ANYONE.

Would think it suits the fans.

• Like 3

Riss is excellent round tight technical tracks, he has one in his back garden. 

Pragmatically, not a speedway trait I know, until Covatti is fit could Plymouth use Riss and switch any clashes he has to Tuesday nights. 

At least they'd be competitive 

Just seen pictures of the track work at Plymouth,  Covatti could be fit before the track drys out.:D

• Haha 3

According to the SS this week, Eddie Kennett is still a possibility!! He was at the Eastbourne social last weekend with Kyle Newman and confirmed he has not retired and is 'just waiting for the phone to ring'!!!

(Stands back and awaits further comment....):rolleyes:

• Haha 3

In his latest interview Riss says he is not racing in the Championship this year.

23 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

In his latest interview Riss says he is not racing in the Championship this year.

Nor the Prem!...... Coz nobody wants him!

42 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Yet !

“I decided I did not want to do the Championship in the UK in 2024 as the travelling is too much between here and Poland every weekend, but I did want to do the Premiership still. I guess because of my illness last year I underperformed so no one made an offer or wanted to take a chance but I am willing and able to come back if needed. So with the quality in the line-up for the Ben Fund meeting I can hopefully remind a few promotors what a fully fit Erik Riss is capable of.

On 2/13/2024 at 8:07 AM, foreverblue said:

Milik hasnt ridden here for a very long time, if you want to sign a rider and want him re-assessed then you ask, if on the other hand you are happy with his last average because you think it be re-assessed higher then you dont ask.

Of course the factor that also needs taking account is it depends whose doing the asking.

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

According to the SS this week, Eddie Kennett is still a possibility!! He was at the Eastbourne social last weekend with Kyle Newman and confirmed he has not retired and is 'just waiting for the phone to ring'!!!

(Stands back and awaits further comment....):rolleyes:

Pleased to hear Eddie is fully fit after his injury he received riding for Plymouth a couple of seasons ago. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1