British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

Glad you had a good evening. This meeting was a bit short notice but will try to get to the next one. I’ve seen in other places that fund raising schemes (pledges) have been planned but money is not being collected until after the BSPL AGM so that to me says 2024 is still uncertain. Sure hope Mark can get things sorted.

29 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Glad you had a good evening. This meeting was a bit short notice but will try to get to the next one. I’ve seen in other places that fund raising schemes (pledges) have been planned but money is not being collected until after the BSPL AGM so that to me says 2024 is still uncertain. Sure hope Mark can get things sorted.

It's my belief subject to various issues to be discussed at the agm that Plymouth will hopefully run next season, generally a good positive vibe within the club atm.

On 10/15/2023 at 9:37 AM, Dickie Head said:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/other-sport/plymouth-gladiators-speedway-still-need-8841286#amp-readmore-target

I like that they are trying to make the track a bit bigger if they are able to run. :t:Also good that they quoted figures on how much is lost as fans probably don't understand the volume of it sometimes. 

I watched a few meetings that were streamed at Plymouth and actually enjoyed the racing. I do hope they're at the tapes in 2024, plus the away supporters probably the loudest we've had at Ashfield this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

I watched a few meetings that were streamed at Plymouth and actually enjoyed the racing. I do hope they're at the tapes in 2024, plus the away supporters probably the loudest we've had at Ashfield this season.

Plymouth fans always enjoy trips to Ashfield, great bunch of supporters and like minded people. 

• Like 4

Came up with this hypothetical team, which given the lower points limit, looks good to me

Plymouth  
Lewis Kerr 8.39
Kyle Howarth 7.76
Ben Barker 7.42
Dan Gilkes 4.84
James Pearson 4.08
Adam Roynon 3.41
Ben Trigger 2.08
Total 37.98

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Came up with this hypothetical team, which given the lower points limit, looks good to me

Plymouth  
Lewis Kerr 8.39
Kyle Howarth 7.76
Ben Barker 7.42
Dan Gilkes 4.84
James Pearson 4.08
Adam Roynon 3.41
Ben Trigger 2.08
Total 37.98

Think Kerr could be a shout, the promotion do seem to like him. Barker will inevitably be back so that could be the top 2. Pearson and Trigger maybe, don’t see Gilkes or Howarth returning. 

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Think Kerr could be a shout, the promotion do seem to like him. Barker will inevitably be back so that could be the top 2. Pearson and Trigger maybe, don’t see Gilkes or Howarth returning. 

Can't see Kerr wanting a trip from deepest East to deepest West every week

Barker, Trigger nailed on. 

I'd be surprised if Pearson, Thompson and Bowtell weren't in strong contention. 

Can't see Howarth or Gilkes back either. 

Getting 2 good Heat Leaders will be main job on  Saturday night 

Edited by HGould

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

?

Barker

?
D Thompson

Pearson

J Thompson

Trigger

Assuming Leicester are still running NDL then surely the Thompsons will be riding for them on Saturdays?

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Assuming Leicester are still running NDL then surely the Thompsons will be riding for them on Saturdays?

Leicester will have new Owners won't they? 

Surely more financially prudent to run PL only

Most think no NDL anyway. 

Could generate far more money running Saturday Training sessions surely than NDL.