British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cast1rn

Got to be Two leagues then

1 hour ago, Sir Sidney said:

Tell that to Workington,  Mildenhall and Kent for example, adding in that,  by the way,  if you have the temerity to fill spare weeks with alternative racing ( NORA let's say) we will threaten to take your licence away and fine you

True. There has to be some incentive for these teams to continue in the NDL - threatening them with fines and revoked licences certainly isn’t it. They need to work together for a brighter future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

True. There has to be some incentive for these teams to continue in the NDL - threatening them with fines and revoked licences certainly isn’t it. They need to work together for a brighter future. 

You would think the SCB and BSPL would realise that, and that the penny would have dropped. You would hope they had the ambition to work with Buxton, IOW and maybe Lydd to create the opportunities for youngsters to race and get experience. 

What a tragedy it will be if there is no NDL or equivalent,  and Workington don't feel able to move into the Championship and so don't stage league speedway next year. Time for Mr Morris to demonstrate his ability

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevehone said:

if keeping playoffs it has to be top team to final, 2nd & 3rd over 2 legs to meet top team. not enough clubs to have top 4 

Doesn't suit the top team, as either the 2nd or 3rd best team gets 2 big play-off crowds, while the table toppers only get one.

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Doesn't suit the top team, as either the 2nd or 3rd best team gets 2 big play-off crowds, while the table toppers only get one.

then top 2 only to playoff

My hunch as others have alluded to. 

PL possibly rebranded Elite. 

Aim to gave a GP level rider t number 1 and a couple of strong domestic level  heat leaders at 2 and 3.

A couple of 5 to 6 point second strings and a reserve and rising star

CL 

One heat leader from PL from 2nd or 3rd HL slot 

Second string and reserve PL allowed in heat leader CL roles. 

Second string in CL must be no higher than PL reserve or rising star

Reserves in CL to be NDL current second strings or reserves

This would involve a thorough list of all riders listed by category for HL SS RS respectively for both leagues. 

PL standard higher CL standard a mid point between CL and upper NDL

Lower NDL level to ride in 6 heat junior teams for any PL or CL clubs who wanted as second half 

No B Teams in 2 leagues. 

Aim to get Workington, Mildenhall possibly Kent financially able to compete in CL by fixed pay rates no guarantees. 

Edited by HGould

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But the point of the play-offs isn’t to get big crowds, it’s to decide who wins the title… isn’t it? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

But the point of the play-offs isn’t to get big crowds, it’s to decide who wins the title… isn’t it? 

Don't be silly

49 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Don't be silly

Hope you enjoyed the meeting last night Dick

12 minutes ago, BackstaightBandit said:

I’m sure you did Tiger59, do you think you have enough of a lead so you can celebrate a league title?

Bitter.

• Like 1

They have to fit in the Jubilee Trophy 2022 as well don't forget...:D

57 minutes ago, BackstaightBandit said:

I’m sure you did Tiger59, do you think you have enough of a lead so you can celebrate a league title?

Not me! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BackstaightBandit said:

Fannie

9 hours ago, HGould said:

My hunch as others have alluded to. 

PL possibly rebranded Elite. 

Aim to gave a GP level rider t number 1 and a couple of strong domestic level  heat leaders at 2 and 3.

A couple of 5 to 6 point second strings and a reserve and rising star

CL 

One heat leader from PL from 2nd or 3rd HL slot 

Second string and reserve PL allowed in heat leader CL roles. 

Second string in CL must be no higher than PL reserve or rising star

Reserves in CL to be NDL current second strings or reserves

This would involve a thorough list of all riders listed by category for HL SS RS respectively for both leagues. 

PL standard higher CL standard a mid point between CL and upper NDL

Lower NDL level to ride in 6 heat junior teams for any PL or CL clubs who wanted as second half 

No B Teams in 2 leagues. 

Aim to get Workington, Mildenhall possibly Kent financially able to compete in CL by fixed pay rates no guarantees. 

No guarantees is a rule now but it is vastly ignored and no way of stopping it

I'm sure the bspl will look at the way this season has gone with the erratic fixture list,poor timing of cup competitions and the late play off fixtures in unfavourable weather conditions..............and make absolutely no change, more of the same i expect!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1