British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

They also defeated them 62-28 with Basso in the team 

Not Tarasenko though.

Taking into account everything I’ve said in my last post, I’m confident. I feel like it’s reached the business end of the season and Glasgow have flicked a switch. Whereas Poole dropped points at home to Scunthorpe and we’re rag-dolled for most of Monday night.

Unless Anders is feeling 100%, it’s too risky to use him, even though he’s a big loss. We must do it as a team and whether victory or defeat it’s as a team. The crowd must make up with noise for being a rider down. Looking forward to tonight. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Probably to risky if he has to pull out, at least this way Zack can take one of the rides 

True, no injury rider replacement if Anders had to pull out.

If anyone can we can!

Bring on the pesky wee Tiggers!

10 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Not Tarasenko though.

Taking into account everything I’ve said in my last post, I’m confident. I feel like it’s reached the business end of the season and Glasgow have flicked a switch. Whereas Poole dropped points at home to Scunthorpe and we’re rag-dolled for most of Monday night.

As much as I want Poole to win, i do think Glasgow have probably done enough, its going to take one hell of a bad performance from Glasgows top 4 to lose a 14pt lead 

• Like 1

Shower of rain here  5 mins ago. Looks like Poole will be OK as heavy rain forecast at 2200.

Poole to win easily tonight against lets be honest a 4 man Glasgow side.  R/R and 2 reserves who will do well to beat a Poole rider. A slick track with no outsied racing line should see Poole home comfortably, as I don't see Bomber making the gate more than once, Tarasenko's gating was poor on Monday. Basso shopuld be OK as a former Poole man and w2ill cope withe slick conditions.

54 - 36 Poole.

• Like 1

Poole will dominate from ht1,Lawson to go unbeaten, Kyle Newman trump card at reserve. 

• Like 1

Poole fans super confident & probably rightly so with their record against Glasgow at home but I think this will go all the way & Glasgow could smash & grab it.

Cam-belt has to really step up tonight & read the room ! 

2 minutes ago, Diablo said:

Poole fans super confident & probably rightly so with their record against Glasgow at home but I think this will go all the way & Glasgow could smash & grab it.

If I see deferring gate choice to heat 15 again I'm switching off!!

Cami Brown’s decision to give Pijper a fourth ride on Monday night was criminal, but he knows what he’s doing putting Basso at three and Tarasenko at five; it allows them the opportunity to ride together in heat three, or anywhere else before the final heat. Impossible, had Tarasenko been at three.

18 minutes ago, lewy said:

Poole will dominate from ht1,Lawson to go unbeaten, Kyle Newman trump card at reserve. 

Not as confident as you 

complin has to be key to the outcome.  he seems to have hit a bit of form and could go well if it’s wet

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

The Facenna’s have made some big decisions in their Glasgow tenure regarding riders. They seem happy with Brown as team manager, yet most Tigers fans seem to be of the opinion that the team has succeeded in spite of Cami rather than because of him. Would have thought owners would have replaced him by now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Are you saying that Bomber Harris was wrong to defer gate choice to Heat 15 for the first leg and therefore doesn't know what he is doing? 

4 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Are you saying that Bomber Harris was wrong to defer gate choice to Heat 15 for the first leg and therefore doesn't know what he is doing? 

No I'm saying when cookie did it in 2021 and then we lost by best part of 30 points it was a mistake!!

38 minutes ago, Diablo said:

Dont think I am not at all confident just hopeful