British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

2 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Shovlar hasn't been seen since Page 13 of this thread. 

He's probably looking at some dodgy stuff on his phone for comfort :rofl:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

To quote the Norwegian dude after they beat England 2-1...

It is unbelievable! Glasgow have beaten Poole! Poole - the home of giants.

Skidder.

lisa-colette.

lbw.

foreverblue.

Arthur54.

Glasgow has beaten them all!

Steve Shovlar can you hear me?

Glasgow have a message for you.

Glasgow have beaten Poole in the playoffs.

Steve Shovlar, as they say in your language in the boxing bars around Madison Square Garden in New York: "Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Your boys took a hell of a beating!

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 whisky's for the 7 riders, that sounds about right to me. Guess whose no making work tomorrow. Beats a flat white anyday. Come on the Tigers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

There’s only a Poole pile on because certain Poole fans on here hammer everyone else’s teams throughout the season if they didn’t there would only be half the comments made live by the sword,die by the sword comes to mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Still had a massive effect on the side as whole. Moving Brennan from riding at 5 to number 2 with bomber has obviously improved them also. That wouldn’t have happened if they got him in on a 5. Only side who could afford to do so without going bust also. Hopefully the bspa will rewrite the rule on averages so things like this don’t happen again.

Click bait looking for attention lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

To quote the Norwegian dude after they beat England 2-1...

It is unbelievable! Glasgow have beaten Poole! Poole - the home of giants.

Skidder.

lisa-colette.

lbw.

foreverblue.

Arthur54.

Glasgow beaten them all!

Steve Shovlar can you hear me?

Glasgow have a message for you.

Glasgow have beaten Poole in the playoffs.

Steve Shovlar, as they say in your language in the boxing bars around Madison Square Garden in New York: "Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Your boys took a hell of a beating!

That’s class very very funny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It happens, 2010 was worse! It is a strange feeling not winning but another well done to Glasgow, they deserved it. 

You must be sick of Chris Harris in 2nd legs at Wimborne Rd. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Well done to Glasgow. Peaked at the right time and the Tarasenko signing was a major reason they won the playoffs. Gave the team a massive lift at a crucial time in the season.

Poole paid for poor starts in both meetings. Won’t do them any harm not winning the league for once. Not joining in the Poole fan pile on though.

Harris still a class performer, I seem to remember a few Glasgow fans didn’t want him back but I’m sure they’ve changed their minds now.

Course it did and its hilarious how Gavan thinks it didnt. Not only did he replace a rider who could barely score a point away from Glasgow , he also outscored his replacement at home and pushed a struggling Brennan to number 2. 

As said, the Glasgow team was fully legit and the better side over the two playoff legs. They pulled off a masterstroke signing. Its the powers that be that let it happen who need to be looked at. 

can you imagine Poole had signed him for Rowe? There would of been the biggest meltdown from non Poole fans we have ever seen!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

He's probably looking at some dodgy stuff on his phone for comfort :rofl:

?????? I do not quite understand what you are meaning……oh hell yes I remember..it made the press and Google pages .lol

• Haha 1

Well the usual suspects have gone missing and they can't even say we'll done to the tiggers, 

• Like 1

Well done Glasgow, they deserved it, great performance over both legs, we were very poor but Harris was sublime, at least we can say we do get passing at Poole , like Monday mainly Harris doing all the passing. Obviously disappointed but congratulations to Glasgow and all your fans.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Track did look amazing that's for sure 

That's what happens when the track is good teams can match Poole or beat them, as it dried out and got dusty and slickened off a bit Poole came into it

Edited by lewy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Harris still a class performer, I seem to remember a few Glasgow fans didn’t want him back but I’m sure they’ve changed their minds now.

I'll hold my hands up and say i didn't want him back.

• Like 2

Shovlar hasn't been seen since Page 13 of this thread. 

Wonder where I was? 

Just got back and first of all congratulations to Glasgow on their title. By far seemed to want it more, and although Pirates rallied in the first leg, the damage was done when the Glasgow track suited the home riders. We were the better team through heats 9-15 of the first leg, and all of the second, but meetings are run over 30 heats and not 22 and Glasgow fully deserved it this year.

Bomber was a second faster than any other rider on show tonight. He would have gone through the card like he did in the first leg if he had really had to. But the job was already done and it was raining quite hard. Why take an unnecessary risk? Brennan and Tarasenko backed him up and it was job done. Pirates by comparison seemed languid in both meetings. 

Poole again threw points away but even if it had been all four back when Worrall was excluded, it wouldn’t have made any difference, just narrowed the size of the victory.

Since the signing of Tarasenko, Glasgow have been by far the strongest team in the league and as I predicted when he was signed they would go on and lift the title.  Proved right unfortunately for us. 

Next up the KO Cup and a trip to Scunthorpe. Better raise our game or that will be heading up north as well. Well done Tigers.

• Like 5

You must be sick of Chris Harris in 2nd legs at Wimborne Rd. 

He won us the Prem title in 2018, so I can't really complain! 

• Like 1