British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

If I was Poole I'd make the track absolutely unracable so riders like complin, piper, taresenko, basso and bomber have no chance of passing. Poole to get the set ups spot on and win the heat by bend 1 from the gate..

15 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

If I was Poole I'd make the track absolutely unracable so riders like complin, piper, taresenko, basso and bomber have no chance of passing. Poole to get the set ups spot on and win the heat by bend 1 from the gate..

Like normal then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

It’s a massive testament to Glasgow that this is even crossing anyone’s mind, as the side who won the league outright and were unbeaten from July to October prepare to host the second leg of the grand final.

• Like 1

Just now, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

It’s a massive testament to Glasgow that this is even crossing anyone’s mind, as the side who won the league outright and were unbeaten from July to October prepare to host the second leg of the grand final.

Tbf it is always slick when Glasgow come down lol. Same as when other tracks make it super grippy when we go there. Got to give yourself as much home advantage as possible. Only track who prob doesn't do that is Redcar. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf it is always slick when Glasgow come down lol. Same as when other tracks make it super grippy when we go there. Got to give yourself as much home advantage as possible. Only track who prob doesn't do that is Redcar. 

Track prep at Ashfield last night was probably determined a bit by weather,but it was much the same as always regarding the outside line.That was a decent track last night IMO.Poole just had Dreadful start to the meeting. iMo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It’s fair enough, too. It’s Poole’s track, so it’s theirs to prepare.

I just hope it doesn’t ruin the meeting. There was some fantastic racing at Ashfield last night, worthy of a grand final, so from-the-gate speedway tomorrow night would be a shame.

32 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

Quite within their rights to do. Hope for a wee shower on lead up might help us a bit

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Track prep at Ashfield last night was probably determined a bit by weather,but it was much the same as always regarding the outside line.That was a decent track last night IMO.Poole just had Dreadful start to the meeting. iMo

Personally I think all the track work during the meeting helped Poole more than Glasgow.

• Like 1

:cheers: may the best team win, preferably the Scottish one 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

It's boring that you keep coming on here, toodle off now trackprat 

@Phil spamming & name calling.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Draw out the meeting. R/R or reserve switched giving 2 on the trot etc. All seen it done before 

I have seen countless team managers do that without any intention of drawing the meeting out to get a result, most of the time it’s done because they can and they don’t care if fans are left standing around for longer than needed.

The only time it’s really unavoidable is running r/r at number two when your reserves will need to take the bulk of the rides, so will force one to have two on the trot prior to heat two.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

My team Ipswich choked .... i can admit that it happens and we bottled it with riders not riding the correct lines and losing points from scoring positions

Poole finished top and beat Glasgow comfortably over 2 legs twice

Poole have lost by 2 and 6 at Glasgow this season so to get beat by 14 is a bad result and a bit of a choke already.

Nowak and Vissing scored 13 then 11 in the first 2 meetings..........Tarasenko and R/R got 14 so not really a big shift in scores 

Poole should comfortably win this Glasgow are awful at Poole as proved twice this season

So maybe not a total choke..................but when you have a numpty like Shovlar starting the thread with a absolute joke of a post its nice to be able to respond in kind

Poole were...are ...and always was favourites for the league. 

I would agree we choked at Glasgow we were awful in the first part of the meeting, Joe was unlucky but Ben Cook broke the tapes and then stupidly didn't make time allowance and Newman broke down on start line, a catalogue of errors then Worrall had to use second bike. If you met Shovvy you realise he is not a numpty, far from it in fact but he is a massive pessimist. 

If we manage it tomorrow it will be a fantastic performance, we have given ourselves a mountain to climb.

9 minutes ago, marko said:

I have seen countless team managers do that without any intention of drawing the meeting out to get a result, most of the time it’s done because they can and they don’t care if fans are left standing around for longer than needed.

The only time it’s really unavoidable is running r/r at number two when your reserves will need to take the bulk of the rides, so will force one to have two on the trot prior to heat two.

We will be running r/r at 2 but Middlo won't be drawing out the meeting unless it is going badly and he wants it called off. Cami may well draw it out accidentally, he isn't clever enough to do it on purpose.

55 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Quite within their rights to do. Hope for a wee shower on lead up might help us a bit

Remember a meeting at Kings Lynn once it was so deep only Crumpy could ride it!  So they did lots of track work and delayed the meeting.