British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

26 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

pre dick tive  text working i see .

No, intentional.

Good interview with steve and long time comets fan john walch on " cumbria crac" some great talking points well worth a listen.

50 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Good interview with steve and long time comets fan john walch on " cumbria crac" some great talking points well worth a listen.

Yep great interview, some great insights around the lease on the track and a low break even figure.

Final rider isn’t actually signed but sounds like many options in the pipeline and Steve pretty much confirms Josh Auty was going to sign then retired!

And current GP riders in the Ben Fund

Exciting times!

https://m.soundcloud.com/cumbria-crack/steve-lawson

39 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Yep great interview, some great insights around the lease on the track and a low break even figure.

Final rider isn’t actually signed but sounds like many options in the pipeline and Steve pretty much confirms Josh Auty was going to sign then retired!

And current GP riders in the Ben Fund

Exciting times!

https://m.soundcloud.com/cumbria-crack/steve-lawson

I guess at least 1 promoter doesn't talk sh*te

Yes a good interview and it also clears up, that when the interview was recorded no more than a few days ago the last rider HAS NOT been signed yet

• Like 1

Good Interview ,Steve is a straightforward guy.Someone holding out for better deal is what came out of that.I know who my money would be on that one,but just have too wait and see.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Good Interview ,Steve is a straightforward guy.Someone holding out for better deal is what came out of that.I know who my money would be on that one,but just have too wait and see.

Lets just all agreed thank god auty retired 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

Lets just all agreed thank god auty retired 

That will be a sigh of relief.Just shows you that there is not much out there though that rider can hold out for better deal.

Josh was a racer and could have done a job for us,wouldnt have been my first choice but would have been good to watch,as for conner not wanting a weekend track really much diffrence between fri night and sat afternoon?

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Josh was a racer and could have done a job for us,wouldnt have been my first choice but would have been good to watch,as for conner not wanting a weekend track really much diffrence between fri night and sat afternoon?

I'm.sure his polish team rode on a sun 

7 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Quite a difference if you plan to be available for Poland on a Sunday afternoon.

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Quite a difference if you plan to be available for Poland on a Sunday afternoon.

Plenty flights late sat early sun am sure ( am guessing) hope it works out for him.

26 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Plenty flights late sat early sun am sure ( am guessing) hope it works out for him.

I'm sure there are but it would be preferable to get over there earlier on a Saturday and be well rested for Sunday. Or to be there for practice on a Saturday. 

A no brainer considering he has got his foot in the door at Wroclaw and it's a case of staying with Redcar where he did so well last season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Yes a good interview and it also clears up, that when the interview was recorded no more than a few days ago the last rider HAS NOT been signed yet

what would steve lawson know theres a few on here that know more than he dose 

lol

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Supersteady84 said:

I guess at least 1 promoter doesn't talk sh*te

But it did prove that 1 fan still does……..lol

• Haha 2