British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

39 minutes ago, KK62 said:

Not at Workington, Redcar and not in the dark ages but very recently and I now assist the current supplier who also does other tracks in the north.

1 hour ago, Neila said:

I also gave methonal out back in the day at derwent Park,( 1981 + 85 ) but very few elf and safety rules then !!

Confused .com  

1 hour ago, Neila said:

I also gave methonal out back in the day at derwent Park,( 1981 + 85 ) but very few elf and safety rules then !!

39 minutes ago, KK62 said:

Not at Workington, Redcar and not in the dark ages but very recently and I now assist the current supplier who also does other tracks in the north.

Edited by j2ohh

1 hour ago, j2ohh said:

what promotion were operating when you were doing the fuel thing ?

Ron bagley in 1981 and Ian thomas in 1985, 6 or so junior meetings with the likes of 16 year old Gary havelock think Kenny Carter and a few other who went onto be major names

54 minutes ago, KK62 said:

But it was, supplied in a 50 gallon drum, as I said very little elf snd safety in them days 

Some sad breaking news one time comets promoter Graham Durey has passed away today 

1 hour ago, Neila said:

But it was, supplied in a 50 gallon drum, as I said very little elf snd safety in them days 

previous promotor before Bagley transported the fuel from barrow in 50 gallon drums across corney fell  brave driver 

23 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

previous promotor before Bagley transported the fuel from barrow in 50 gallon drums across corney fell  brave driver 

Eddie Thornburrow and Ron Cooper 

29 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

i thought graham died couple years ago

i know his health was poor 

sad news 

Report on various pages say after a short illness

1 minute ago, Neila said:

Eddie Thornburrow and Ron Cooper 

correct  i know the driver who brought the fuel up

and can back you up that fuel and castrol r were supplied at track by promotion 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, j2ohh said:

Confused .com  

Seems like @KK62 is wrong defo in 50 gallon drums in late 70's early 80's , a few on here have done it or can remember it being taken out of the big barrel into 1 gallon containers

Spoke to an NL level rider, took part in training sessions in Poland (forget which track) said all riders were given generic numbered body colours, to keep, & there was a large central fuel supply in the pits, riders just filled their tanks as required, FOC....

6 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Spoke to an NL level rider, took part in training sessions in Poland (forget which track) said all riders were given generic numbered body colours, to keep, & there was a large central fuel supply in the pits, riders just filled their tanks as required, FOC....

Morning Martin every time we have raced in Poland it is as you describe 

Was carrying a drum of methanol from Edinburgh to Berwick not supposed to have contributed to the death of Jack Millen?

5 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Was carrying a drum of methanol from Edinburgh to Berwick not supposed to have contributed to the death of Jack Millen?

Apparently it was the illegal additive he was carrying, nitros oxide, several riders allegedly put a little in the carbs before going out on track and it gave a boost to your starts