British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

What average would anders rowe come in on?

5.95 less British reduction. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Neila said:

His average would probably fit, around 5.5 I think , but I thought I'd read somewhere that he was only doing kings Lynn and Poland, to me it's another British youngster that's hanging on to try and make it in Poland rather than put the miles and effort doing 2 leagues in the UK.

He had a decent season in Poland last year.Can travel to Poland by air quicker than getting Worky by road I would imagine.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, geoff100 said:

What average would anders rowe come in on?

Would be a good signing if willing to ride in the Championship.

Andrew Rowe would be 5.80, all in. The best option if they're not signing Claus.

32 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Andrew Rowe would be 5.80, all in. The best option if they're not signing Claus.

Imo a better option than claus and British,  but would he be willing to travel to deepest Cumbria from wherever he is based,  think Suffolk but cud be wrong 

10 hours ago, Neila said:

His average would probably fit, around 5.5 I think , but I thought I'd read somewhere that he was only doing kings Lynn and Poland, to me it's another British youngster that's hanging on to try and make it in Poland rather than put the miles and effort doing 2 leagues in the UK.

Is that a bad thing?

36 minutes ago, therefused said:

Is that a bad thing?

Cud be if your not scoring well at Kings Lynn and Poland your confidence is down, then you don't have the easier ? league to gain confidence again, we all know Poland will drop you like a ton of bricks if you don't perform 

• Like 2

Surprised to see Celina in the Peter Craven Memorial at Belle Vue, that could be a baptism of fire for the start of her British league career

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bomber75 said:

Surprised to see Celina in the Peter Craven Memorial at Belle Vue, that could be a baptism of fire for the start of her British league career

Why ? From watching videos and seeing her at worky she likes big fast tracks, had similar times at both Redcar and worky to the main meetings, this on borrowed bikes, also good PR for belle Vue, Cellina snd speedway in general. Let's enjoy the journey UTC 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Why ? From watching videos and seeing her at worky she likes big fast tracks, had similar times at both Redcar and worky to the main meetings, this on borrowed bikes, also good PR for belle Vue, Cellina snd speedway in general. Let's enjoy the journey UTC 

She rode at Belle Vue last summer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bomber75 said:

Any extra meetings she can get can only be beneficial to her and to the Comets, surely ?

• Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 6:16 PM, Marksman said:

Yeah Kyle Howarth was there riding, looked to be a lot of vans down there

Kyle Howarth doing the Ben Fund meeting too, he said so himself on the Humans of Speedway podcast.
Don’t think they’ve announced that yet though 

On 2/26/2024 at 11:34 AM, StevePark said:

Any extra meetings she can get can only be beneficial to her and to the Comets, surely ?

Yes true but she will probably struggle against the expected field likely to take part. 

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes true but she will probably struggle against the expected field likely to take part. 

Maybe she will, but it's extra time on the bike, so, therefore, helping with set-up and everything that goes with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

There's no doubt its for publicity but the majority of the up and coming Brits would struggle to score points in the field that's been assembled so far. And a good few of those are hitting above a 4 point assessed average in the Championship. 

Someone's got to come last, if it helps get more exposure, then great!  

• Like 1