British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Scunthorpe. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 18/10/23

50 minutes ago, Shayman said:

Oooh, bitchy! Probably can't say the same for you.

Thought you came on here to read about speedway?

but here you are teaming with the Poole mafia.

2 hours ago, lbw said:

Yep, it's KO Cup Winners. Scunny can't be used to winning much........ouch! :D

Be as pedantic as you like. We won and we are Knock Out Cup Champions:rolleyes:. Now lets get back to  the p take of the whinging, bottling,  Runners up:rofl:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Be as pedantic as you like. We won and we are Knock Out Cup Champions:rolleyes:. Now lets get back to  the p take of the whinging, bottling,  Runners up:rofl:

I saw a lot of People stay behind last night and congratulate the Scorpions on their win.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Catalan said:

I saw a lot of People stay behind last night and congratulate the Scorpions on their win.

I saw quite a few on the stream walking out after heat 14 too.

4 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

In football terms Glasgow won the league, Scunthorpe won the fa cup and Poole won the Johnstone paints trophy.

errm tell us again what Plymouth won?;)

Assuming they run at all in 2024 Plymouth are one of those voting for the lowest team building points limit of (rumoured) 38 points

Anyway Congrats to Scunthorpe on their Cup win and well done to the Poole track staff for managing to get the meeting on at all!

Edited by Skidder1

Well done to Scunny Scorps, been a long time since they won a major trophy.  Esp pleased for Scunny team manager Dave Peet, he didn't have the most fun during his one season at Hull in 2005 & has suffered some health issues of late, good for him that he's well on tne mend & still gets enjoyment from speedway.  Also Poole track staff did amazingly well to get the meeting on.....

4 hours ago, Shayman said:

Oooh, bitchy! Probably can't say the same for you.

I got feelings you know :(

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

errm tell us again what Plymouth won?;)

Assuming they run at all in 2024 Plymouth are one of those voting for the lowest team building points limit of (rumoured) 38 points

Anyway Congrats to Scunthorpe on their Cup win and well done to the Poole track staff for managing to get the meeting on at all!

What ever gets decided at the agm is done in a democratic fair way,obviously Poole have a problem with that . Maybe now more promotions are sick of Poole's self interest and trying to influence other promotions that poor little Danny has had his feathers ruffled and possibly his fortune read and he doesn't like it and nor does daddy ford. By the way never assume!

14 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

If Poole don’t like it they can always move up a division if not stop whinging.

Who's whinging?

34 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

If Poole don’t like it they can always move up a division if not stop whinging.

Who's whinging?

Genuine question as someone always has to lose if someone wins!!

Well done to Scunthorpe the better team won over the two legs. What I do not get is the the responses from both sets of fans and the aggression. Poole always put out a competitive team and when they are doing well they like any team they put bums on seats when they travel away. The current state of the sport needs clubs like Poole and every other team to come to tapes in 2024 but if for any reason Poole lost out because of circumstances beyond their control such as the closure of the stadium, the sport overall would be poorer for it.

Swindon have gone and now Wolves and Panthers are lost, Kent and Mildenhall may be kicked into touch, surely it is time to appreciate what teams are left because without those speedway in the U.K. is dead. Continually knocking clubs is counter productive and whilst a lot of what goes on is good natured banter, you cannot help but feel some of the vitriolic comments are counter productive. 

The Scorpions did what they needed to do and Poole came up short. So what. Just look forward to next season.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Thought you came on here to read about speedway?

but here you are teaming with the Poole mafia.

I was, and enjoying the news until I came across another person who I can only guess is a friend of yours.

21 hours ago, TheScotsman said:
noun

1. 1.
    a person who has surpassed all rivals in a sporting contest or other competition.

The key word here is “all”. The League Champions have surpassed all rivals, the Cup Winners have defeated the selected few they faced …

Congrats Scunthorpe!

Ha Ha Shovlar :D

On 10/22/2023 at 6:31 AM, lbw said:

Well done to Scunthorpe with Simon Lambert doing a real captain's job. 

Yes some things didn't go our way but overall we simply weren't good enough again when it mattered most.

And to those that may be thinking 'flat white' well I'm drinking one right now but not to drown my sorrows but to say eres to next season, bring it on!

C'MON THE BOYZZZZZ :t:

Hey there lbw, glad you got another flat white in just as the season was ending. Commiserations re Poole's loss but I'm sure you will come out fighting again next year. Always enjoy the Poole banter on the Forum and hope it keeps going through the winter months.

By the way, had my first ever flat white coffee at Ascot (Champions Day) on Saturday and very enjoyable it was! 

All the best for next season!