British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I was really impressed with Connor in the u21 final, he finally added an often lacking component to his racing - toughness. I think he could take a really big leap this year if he is able to keep that kind of edge to his racing.

When the first team is completed it's impossible to compare to anything but last year's teams (Redcar looked weaker) but as more clubs near completion, Redcar look stronger, definite play-off contenders imo

• Like 1

I think they'll be the team to beat personally. 

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Poole, Redcar and Oxford all shaping up well to me.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 7:52 PM, Bagpuss said:

Scorpions will be thier thorn in there side ,again

On 12/19/2023 at 9:52 AM, Bagpuss said:

Oxford look stronger imo

On 12/19/2023 at 9:52 AM, Bagpuss said:

11 hours ago, mc131 said:

Oxford look stronger imo

Oxford have a better top 2, Redcar have a better middle 3, but Oxford's reserves have the most potential for improvement imo

• Like 2

Reading in the Speedway Star that Redcar have/are hiring a track for the team to practice/team bond soon. My question is why hire a track when you have your own to practice on? Surely time would be better spent learning your home track than a different one. Begs the question of whether we a track curator yet ? Anyone know anything ?

8 hours ago, Biffa said:

Reading in the Speedway Star that Redcar have/are hiring a track for the team to practice/team bond soon. My question is why hire a track when you have your own to practice on? Surely time would be better spent learning your home track than a different one. Begs the question of whether we a track curator yet ? Anyone know anything ?

Most likely Macon in France. Affordable enough and better weather means more meaningful laps pre season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Most likely Macon in France. Affordable enough and better weather means more meaningful laps pre season 

You must think Redcar have Glasgows piggy bank ! Try much much closer to home, about two hours from Middlesbrough.

6 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

You must think Redcar have Glasgows piggy bank ! Try much much closer to home, about two hours from Middlesbrough.

oh dear i thought it was a morale building trip not soul destroying.....

Team bonding! They will either be riding with or against each other every week pretty soon sick of the site of each other!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Team bonding! They will either be riding with or against each other every week pretty soon sick of the site of each other!

"Hi I'm Charlie, ex British Champ, says so on me van. 

I don't like upstart little rubbishs getting in my way, just ask Brennan

Got it, get it and we'll be good" 

• Haha 3

So it will be Scunthorpe or Workington then. Which begs the question why pay anyone when you have your own track to practice on. 

2 hours ago, HGould said:

"Hi I'm Charlie, ex British Champ, says so on me van. 

I don't like upstart little rubbishs getting in my way, just ask Brennan

Got it, get it and we'll be good" 

Only Charles has never had sign writing on any of his vans, he doesn’t even own a van, simply uses an unmarked hired one during the season .

As for your childish comment , no rider likes anyone getting in their way, team mate or not.

14 minutes ago, Biffa said:

So it will be Scunthorpe or Workington then. Which begs the question why pay anyone when you have your own track to practice on. 

Nothing wrong with practicing on a different track, especially one with less dirt on than Redcars. Many teams hire other tracks to have a day out on, for all sorts of reasons .

• Thanks 1