British Speedway Forum

42 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

Thank you, I'm pleased.

I'm not sure predicting a rider, available on 4.10, and who's averaged:

2017 - 7.10

2018 - 6.80

2019 - 7.39

2021 - 6.58

adding 2 points to his average in a weaker league is my finest material, but I'm pleased nevertheless.

You keep thinking mainly due to his past he should easily add to his 4 average but his average has only went one way the last couple of years which is a bit of a worry imo.

Lawson 

Hume 

Zach 

Jack Thomas 

Ben

Stefan Nielsen (was keen to come back a few years ago and did a great job(riding at 4) till injury

Sam Hagon 

= exactly 38

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So dropped over 2 points off his average in 2 seasons, there is no reason to suggest he can reverse that trend 

Great point. I can only assume you felt the same about Poole signing a rider on a 4.29 average this season, after he'd averaged over 6.5 a couple of seasons before.

Surely Nielson or Starke will be no where near Poole next year. 
Both struggle to complete a season injury free and are only on the decline.

27 minutes ago, DJC said:

Surely Nielson or Starke will be no where near Poole next year. 
Both struggle to complete a season injury free and are only on the decline.

Both have had numerous stints at Poole, successful ones too, both have low averages and are capable of more. Team building is about building a team with riders who can add more to there average. 

38 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

Great point. I can only assume you felt the same about Poole signing a rider on a 4.29 average this season, after he'd averaged over 6.5 a couple of seasons before.

Who did he average 6.5 for, that must have been his best season . Poole signed Kyle knowing that he was capable of improvement at his hometown club, Starke has been going downhill for several seasons and is not worth the risk.

Such a low average for team building is causing issues as promotions have only fractions of a point to squeeze together the team they want. Anders wanted to be at Poole, the fans wanted him at Poole and he is a local lad. 

Next season:

Lawson 8.49
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Dominik Kubera 5.0
Mateusz Cierniak 5.0
Sam Hagon 2.57
Max Perry 2.0

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Such a low average for team building is causing issues as promotions have only fractions of a point to squeeze together the team they want. Anders wanted to be at Poole, the fans wanted him at Poole and he is a local lad. 

Next season:

Lawson 8.49
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Dominik Kubera 5.0
Mateusz Cierniak 5.0
Sam Hagon 2.57
Max Perry 2.0

Kubera and cierniak going elsewhere in championship 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Next season:

Lawson 8.49
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Dominik Kubera 5.0
Mateusz Cierniak 5.0
Sam Hagon 2.57
Max Perry 2.0

Agree it's almost too low this points limit as it's going to become a money game. Which team is willing to pay more to get the bargain 5avg riders to come over from abroad. 

I'd rather have Anders the local lad over any new upcoming pole. But a silly points limit rules out Anders returning 

1 minute ago, mac101 said:

maybe they might take a punt on Fraser Bowes 

Yes, we will train him up for you just like Basso and Hume ;):D

• Haha 2

I think Max Perry has gone under the radar in the NL, while Boughen has (rightly) been lauded as am future superstar, Perry who has a higher NL average (from a more difficult position) is not talked about anywhere near as much.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Next season:

Lawson 8.49
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Dominik Kubera 5.0
Mateusz Cierniak 5.0
Sam Hagon 2.57
Max Perry 2.0

I like the 2 Poles on 5.0 :D

Edited by lbw

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Next season:

Lawson 8.49
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Dominik Kubera 5.0
Mateusz Cierniak 5.0
Sam Hagon 2.57
Max Perry 2.0

Yeah a GP rider riding in championship deluded :rofl:

Edited by AceBelle

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Next season:

Lawson 8.49
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Dominik Kubera 5.0
Mateusz Cierniak 5.0
Sam Hagon 2.57
Max Perry 2.0

But Steve... You said you wanted that "loophole" closed. Make up your mind man :rolleyes: