British Speedway Forum

I'd have thought Newman was better than Brennan at Poole 

The benefit of Newman would be to allow a better final rider away from home too. 

24 minutes ago, HGould said:

I'd have thought Newman was better than Brennan at Poole 

The benefit of Newman would be to allow a better final rider away from home too. 

Brennan was very good in the playoff final, i think he would really kick on riding the Poole track every week 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Really ,some people need to stop overthinking and give up trying to mind read what other people are thinking.Like I have stated I have NEVER mentioned Kyle.I am not interested in Sub-topics,that’s only your interpretation of Kyles statement.NOT MINE.

I get where you are coming from, but maybe people need a greater overview of a topic than just one person's post?

Context is good!:)

Great top four, dodgy bottom three especially if the Aussie is a nutter.

Max Perry had massive crash tonight at Oxford tonight

Just copied this from the Leicester page.
Let's hope Max recovers quickly. - 

Just to update. Max is in a bad way. He is talking. Broken wrist, broken fingers, suspected broken ribs, knee, ankle, leg. Off to John Radcliffe he is On Morphine and IV pain relief. 
update From Max's Mum.

• Sad 3

17 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Just to update. Max is in a bad way. He is talking. Broken wrist, broken fingers, suspected broken ribs, knee, ankle, leg. Off to John Radcliffe he is On Morphine and IV pain relief. 
update From Max's Mum.

That's not good. Fingers crossed he recovers well from it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Brennan was very good in the playoff final, i think he would really kick on riding the Poole track every week 

I agree someone with Brennan’s talent would soon suss out the Poole track.And his away track knowledge would make him a decent signing.

• Like 2

That accident for young Perry sounds horrific,like someone else has said there running finals now in worse conditions than earlier in the season when they called meetings off not good enough speedway authorities.and now a young lad has injuries which if are as bad as being reported will certainly mean he will miss a lot of next year never mind what state his mind will be in, this is no time to gloat or laugh but as most Poole fans had him in there team next year I guess a rethink is in order. but most importantly get well soon max perry and fingers crossed it’s not as bad as first feared.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mac101 said:

update From Max's Mum.

Didn't see the match but general chat from the updates page track was destined to catch someone out. With greatest respect it's bad enough running champ level meetings in these conditions, but at Ndl level it's insane. Had 4 riders coming to grief "practicing" at Leicester and now max very well may have life changing injuries. Appalling state of affairs.

Best wishes Max, get well soon 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mac101 said:

update From Max's Mum.

Sounds nasty. Best of luck to the lad on a speedy recovery.

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

That accident for young Perry sounds horrific,like someone else has said there running finals now in worse conditions than earlier in the season when they called meetings off not good enough speedway authorities.and now a young lad has injuries which if are as bad as being reported will certainly mean he will miss a lot of next year never mind what state his mind will be in, this is no time to gloat or laugh but as most Poole fans had him in there team next year I guess a rethink is in order. but most importantly get well soon max perry and fingers crossed it’s not as bad as first feared.

Reading the reports from Max parents, broken ankle and broken wrist with bruising to the lung. Hospital operating on both broken bones today and keeping him in for a few days. Whilst worrying times for his parents, the injuries are nowhere near as serious to miss next season. A broken wrist is 6 weeks, broken ankle a bit longer and further time to strengthen. A young lad will heal faster than someone older. Expect Max to be fit and ready to go come March. 

Some horrendous injuries, scary reports of a suspected stroke, thankfully ruled out. 

Speedway takes a back seat on those ones, back to full health is all that matters before even thinking of throwing a leg over a bike again.