British Speedway Forum

Is Jack Thomas an option for the Pirates in 2024?

10 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Is Jack Thomas an option for the Pirates in 2024?

Not if we are having Tom Brennan as there would only be 4.16 left and pretty sure Jack's average is higher than that. 

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It reads as though you didn't think much of those riders!

Again…..what does what you think I think of those four riders got to do with my answer to the question allthegearbutnaeidea  asked?  Did YOU think there was anyone else “of note” in the line up?

1 hour ago, ragdoll64 said:

Again…..what does what you think I think of those four riders got to do with my answer to the question allthegearbutnaeidea  asked?  Did YOU think there was anyone else “of note” in the line up?

Not like you are sticking to the thread topic anyway! So you can't really complain about it imo. 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not if we are having Tom Brennan as there would only be 4.16 left and pretty sure Jack's average is higher than that. 

Paul Starke? 4.10

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not like you are sticking to the thread topic anyway! So you can't really complain about it imo. 

That’s a choice remark coming from a Poole fan lisa…..lol.   Yet again……I was only answering someone’s question but so sorry if I upset you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe it could be reassessed as he missed last season and a big chunk of 2022. 

Best interests of the sport and helping a British lad find a way back into the game.

Would probably need another rule in the ever thickening book saying British riders who miss a season due to injury are entitled to a certain percentage reduction of their average.

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

That’s a choice remark coming from a Poole fan lisa…..lol.   Yet again……I was only answering someone’s question but so sorry if I upset you. 

I just thought it was funny that you were going on at Skidder for not keeping on the subject you were discussing whilst also not doing the same on the thread :D

• Like 1

With the rumour that San Hagon maybe coming to Poole in 2024, found this interesting little article posted on Australia Speedway site in last few days.

Exciting British youngster Sam Hagon will be joining Mildura’s Olympic Park Speedway ranks during the upcoming summer to further develop his racing talents.

Hagon will follow in the footsteps of riders such as Dan Bewley and Tom Brennan who were summer residents at Olympic Park.

Hagon has had a great year in 2023 representing the Birmingham Brummies with local star Justin Sedgmen and picking up the Rider of the Year trophy competing with the Belle Vue Colts.

Mildura looks forward to seeing Sam in action at the Jason Lyons Solo Trophy on Tuesday December 26th (Boxing Day).

A long way to go but obviously they feel he is one with potential to be mentioned in the same breath as Bewley & Brennan.

2 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Wow! Poole fans commenting on a Poole thread? Who would have thought it?:rofl:

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Wow! Poole fans commenting on a Poole thread? Who would have thought it?:rofl:

And everyone else’s.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gazc said:

And everyone else’s.

I bet we couldn't find a thread on the bsf without Skidder1 or lisa commenting on it. This is a Plymouth thread isn't it:rofl:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lewy said:

I bet we couldn't find a thread on the bsf without Skidder1 or lisa commenting on it. This is a Plymouth thread isn't it:rofl:

Oh the irony!:rolleyes:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Think Poole 2024 will be a much improved side after their pretty dismal season in 2023.

What was dismal about it other than 2 disappointing meetings at the end of the season?  One trophy won; finished Top of the League and reported increased attendances! 

I wonder how many other clubs had 'dismal' seasons?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1