British Speedway Forum

Danny Ford on local radio today saying initial rider plans have changed in last couple of weeks due to 'unexpected rider availability'!

Fans should be excited with the revised 1-7. Announcements to be drip-fed to maximise media coverage over the next couple of months.

(PS. Full interview with Adam Roynon in the local Echo today and online. Front page/Back page and Full inside sports page - can't complain about that!:t:)

Edited by Skidder1

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Danny Ford on local radio today saying initial rider plans have changed in last couple of weeks due to 'unexpected rider availability'!

Fans should be excited with the revised 1-7. Announcements to be drip-fed to maximise media coverage over the next couple of months.

(PS. Full interview with Adam Roynon in the local Echo today and online. Front page/Back page and Full inside sports page - can't complain about that!:t:)

Hmmm, who would be unexpected??! A bit out there and prob wouldn't fit with everyone else but maybe Josh Pickering? :o As even if he picks up a Polish team place during the season with a Weds and a Thursday track, wouldn't have too many fixture clashes. 

Though Poole prob too far from where he is based in England anyway! 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmmm, who would be unexpected??! A bit out there and prob wouldn't fit with everyone else but maybe Josh Pickering? :o As even if he picks up a Polish team place during the season with a Weds and a Thursday track, wouldn't have too many fixture clashes. 

Think it also coincided with Rowe being released as this unexpected team planning development also was mentoned as one of the reasons

I thought this unexpected rider available development was mentioned a little while ago prior to the local radio interview. I am sure it coincided with Brennan being released by Glasgow that fueled the Brennan to Poole rumours. Could be wrong but I'm sure it was mentioned on the forum. Also thought it was one of the rumours that Rowe went from 99% certain of a team place to 1% being actually released by Danny due to unexpected team developments according to Anders comments. Think it was mentioned about giving the team a stronger look for 2024 with the new lower limit.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54

If that’s the case could someone tell me after Lawson and the two cooks what would that leave to play with for the final four if what the promoter says he wants a stronger team throughout.

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Several jungle drums are suggesting Tom Brennan!!  If true, that would keep Zach Cook at 2nd string (assuming he and Lawson are still in!?) but wouldn't leave that many points for the final 3!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Several jungle drums are suggesting Tom Brennan!!  If true, that would keep Zach Cook at 2nd string (assuming he and Lawson are still in!?) but wouldn't leave that many points for the final 3!

If Poole go with Lawson, both Cooks, Brennan and the rumoured reserves, the addition of one of the better Aussie 4 pointers would make them unbeatable. 

All within the points limit so no one can complain. 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

If Poole go with Lawson, both Cooks, Brennan and the rumoured reserves, the addition of one of the better Aussie 4 pointers would make them unbeatable. 

All within the points limit so no one can complain. 

My calculation based on above left 4.20. 

Looking at last green sheets it left either a 4 point Aussie or Hook/Borke/J Thompson (although we would waste near enough half a point)/Nielsen/Starke/Pearson.

Must admit still annoys me that Zischke who was earmarked for Poole (allegedly) for 2023 on a 4  before his injury, could only race from July so for 6 matches and about 23 rides in the POL U24 league gets allocated a 5 where Hook/Pearson who raced UK on below 4 av have ridden in POL U24 for near enough 2 years but still get allocated a 4. Even if we tried to sign Michael West I assume he would get same 5 (raced in POL U24 Lge) as Zische despite never riding UK.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Typos

1 hour ago, Pirate Nick said:

Clarke Osborne has registered Poole Motorsports Ltd at Companies House. Bit worrying.

That's a weird one nick,what's he up to? I  have heard from acouple of people (totally unsubstantiated)that Osborne has already done a deal to surrender his stadium lease back to the council oct 24,in return for involvement in future development of the site,first thoughts were that's ok,however it also appears the council dont want to operate a stadium so it has to be returned with vacant possession, So he kicks out the speedway then ala Swindon says he's got a company looking for a motorsport site cos he's a closet petrol head. Am hoping it's bollocks but unfortunately parts of this do add up

Sorry guys, seems you're next on that piece of work's hitlist

received_897134138441993.jpeg

No doubt Poole Motorsports will soon be looking for land within 45 minutes of Poole, or does Osborne intend to run Poole Speedway unviably prior to putting in a development proposal, I still cant get my head round why they have stopped Greyhound racing at Poole, after all 30k+ for every Greyhound meeting that's streamed to the shop's is not to be sneezed at.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

My calculation based on above left 4.20. 

Looking at last green sheets it left either a 4 point Aussie or Hook/Borke/J Thompson (although we would waste near enough half a point)/Nielsen/Starke/Pearson.

Must admit still annoys me that Zischke who was earmarked for Poole (allegedly) for 2023 on a 4  before his injury, could only race from July so for 6 matches and about 23 rides in the POL U24 league gets allocated a 5 where Hook/Pearson who raced UK on below 4 av have ridden in POL U24 for near enough 2 years but still get allocated a 4. Even if we tried to sign Michael West I assume he would get same 5 (raced in POL U24 Lge) as Zische despite never riding UK.

Don't really see your issue. Hook and Pearson signed straight from Oz with no professional league experience thus 4s. Tate, west and fid that matter rew and bowes went to Poland and have professional league experience as such are 5s. Pretty straightforward really 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, frigbo said:

Sorry guys, seems you're next on that piece of work's hitlist

received_897134138441993.jpeg

Difference is that the council own the stadium, not Osborne. He is a leaseholder, nothing more. If the stadium lease came up, Matt Ford has said already he would form a consortium to get the lease. 

• Like 1