British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Really enjoyed Tom riding for Glasgow and am surprised he wasn’t kept as I don’t think he’s peaked like some others have suggested. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed in him at Poole as he’s capable on his day of beating anyone in the Championship. I’ll try not to hold it against him, riding for the Pirates……lol

Would agree .Still the best of the young Brits .IMO

Tom will do a great job in a much weaker league. With the last 2 as rumoured I think the last rider will be interesting! All will be clear before Christmas with the last 3 to be announced in the next couple of weeks. 

2 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Really enjoyed Tom riding for Glasgow and am surprised he wasn’t kept as I don’t think he’s peaked like some others have suggested. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed in him at Poole as he’s capable on his day of beating anyone in the Championship. I’ll try not to hold it against him, riding for the Pirates……lol

I believe the only reason he wasn't retained was because he didn't make his mind up in time. If he had, I'm pretty sure they'd have had him back.

I think being captain was the biggest barrier for Tom. Without that to focus on, and with a weakened league next year, he's set to improve noticeably. Just needs to be a bit more brutal in the big heats too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

So, that indicates you know who it may be :wink:. Last nights sponsors meeting seems to have been informative by the sounds of it :). Brennan news was good. Not unexpected for us on the forum but the majority of fans don't come on here so it would be viewed as exciting news for sure to get an exciting 22 year old Brit signed up.

I take it  you mean the assumption on the other 2 probably being Zach & Tom Perry as rumoured here for some time.

As for the possible surprise last signing. With only approx 4.20 left you have Nielsen/Starke/Joe Thompson - The Dane Borke who we can probably exclude as a Dane with a Wed track - Aussies Pearson (rumoured to be going to Glasgow) or Hook. Besides them its a young untried Aussie ??.

Can you maybe throw us a teaser/clue  or two so that at least a few of us maybe able to work it out without naming said rider. Or you could mail me as we have exchanged views before :wink:.

Nothing official although the whisper amongst a couple of 'senior' sponsors was it could well be an untried European!?;)

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing official although the whisper amongst a couple of 'senior' sponsors was it could well be an untried European!?;)

Not likely to be Danish then with obvious clashes. 

May be a Czech rider, although the better ones may have too much POlish experience to be classed as a 4 pointer??..or real left field like Celina Liebmann - just imagine the publicity. Even the woke BBC might wake up!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

Not likely to be Danish then with obvious clashes. 

That was also my first thought when I heard, but................?!

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

That was also my first thought when I heard, but................?!

I think it could well be a young ambitious Danish rider,just because they're Danish doesn't mean they will ride in Denmark. 

15 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Well just for fun and as I love playing guess the team game I am going to throw this one out there.

Check this recent press release on Polish Speedway site Speedway News about a young Adam- Bubba-Bednar dated 15th November. 

https://speedwaynews.pl/zuzel/stal-gorzow-z-nowym-nabytkiem-kim-jest-adam-bubba-bednar/

Some are making noise that this young recently turned 16 year old (2nd September) could be a potential World beater. Just signed up for POL U24 Lge. Sounds exciting and could be anything going by the reviews. Has modled himself on Tai Woff & Bewley for driving style and pesonality.

Matej Kus an ex Czech Riders quotes:

Adam is undoubtedly the most talented player I have seen in years. He has an amazing feel for the bike and is very good at being in the right place at the right time. He has the heart of a warrior and no position is lost for him. – Lists its advantage

Reading that article and signing somebody of that potential would be a real statement of intent.

Probably wrong as there are a whole host of promising Europeans out there.

2 hours ago, lewy said:

I think it could well be a young ambitious Danish rider,just because they're Danish doesn't mean they will ride in Denmark. 

And if he does we can just have a guest lol. 

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And if he does we can just have a guest lol. 

No no no no no :D

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No no no no no :D

Haha. As long as he does the first home meeting, be fine :D:P

If anyone missed the Instagram live the other night and wants to watch it. 

@Arthur54 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

@Arthur54 

Many apologies for the back of my head in the foreground!:t:

57 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Many apologies for the back of my head in the foreground!:t:

Are you the silver fox :D

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

@Arthur54 

Three interesting points from Matt Ford……..1)  Tom saying all the right things…….well,  he’s not going to say all the wrong things, is he?

2)  Poole don’t want to be second choice for any rider…….well,  I’m pretty sure they were as I doubt very much that Tom would have left Glasgow if they’d offered him a place. 

3)  The Poole has a great home track advantage…….something that some of their supporters on here have previously strongly denied. Lol