British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think you could have a long old tail unless the last signing is a gem/ringer.

Yes I agree, previous teams have always been built with one strong rider at reserve.

• Like 1

I don't see the issue tbh, looking at other line ups so far only Plymouth have strong reserves and they sacrificed a HL to do it. 

I don't think we will be the best team straight away but I think we will get better as the season goes along imo. A bit like Redcar last season. 

Middlo is quoted as saying "reserves win meetings "change of strategy for Poole it seems. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lewy said:

Middlo is quoted as saying "reserves win meetings "change of strategy for Poole it seems. 

So does a strong1-4 as in 2021 and 2022.:D

Some expressing concerns over our 2 young reserves but should hold up against a lot of the others.

Not seen a single comment on who our last signing may be on a 4 as he is obviously an overseas rider. 

Would have thought with younger/more inexperienced youngsters in both slots, it will be even more important that the young 4 pointer hits the ground running.

Still struggling to come up with names as not sure at what stage a rider jumps from a 4 to a 5 if raced  in Pol U24 or Scand. Could it be you have to ride a minimum of ?? meetings or rides to get upgraded to a 5 ??

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
added to message.

23 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Some expressing concerns over our 2 young reserves but should hold up against a lot of the others.

Not seen a single comment on who our last signing may be on a 4 as he is obviously an overseas rider. 

Would have thought with younger/more inexperienced youngsters in both slots, it will be even more important that the young 4 pointer hits the ground running.

Still struggling to come up with names as not sure at what stage a rider jumps from a 4 to a 5 if raced  in Pol U24 or Scand. Could it be you have to ride a minimum of ?? meetings or rides to get upgraded to a 5 ??

Don't you have to ride in the top leagues in Scandinavia, Czech etc to get a 5 point average rather than a 4?

I'm sure someone will clarify.......

Edited by Skidder1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Don't you have to ride in the top leagues in Scandinavia, Czech etc to get a 5 point average rather than a 4?

I'm sure someone will clarify.......

Yes but some of these promising young riders have ridden only 3/4/5 meetings (also in POL u24 Lge) which would seem a bit unfair that they would get given a 5. yet you have young Aussies who come over on a 4, do near enough a full season keeping their 4 but can race a full 11/12/13 league season in POL U24 teams yet still retain their 4. Then someone like Tate Zischke who only rode 6 matches in POL U24, but  many on here say he is a 5 because he raced last season in POL only (due to his injury delaying his season until July).

Was hopeful a few who were so in the know on the 6 named for so long before it was official, might know who the 4 pointer MAY be.

Another name I checked is Michael West who did some after meeting laps at Poole in July (has said on his instagram) he will be returning to Europe after Aussie season. Did 5 POL U24 meeting for 19 rides last season so goes as officially unclassified in POL Lge stats but so does Tate Zischke who only did the 6 so is he a 4 or 5 ???

Appreciate fb reservations but really looking forward to watching two young brits at the beginning of their professional careers, going to be some exciting racing tho obviously they will have some bad meetings. Re the final signing don't think we should be expecting a potential superstar after all he's coming in as a second string in a weak British second division, a final average of 4.5 or more would be excellent imo

I don't think anyone should underestimate Sammy Hagon. Great pedigree, injury hampered his progress in 21 and 22,last year was his first really clear run. Hell do very well. 

Max Perry was head and shoulders best of his age group that included riders like Trigger all now 16 and provided those terrible injuries don't affect confidence he too will do very well. 

I predict both could be as good as the Cook brothers in 3 seasons. With luck of course

Edited by HGould
Spell

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So does a strong1-4 as in 2021 and 2022.:D

We had a strong reserve in n 2021 and 2022, not only have got two 2 point reserves, we are now getting a 4 pointer that has never ridden here before.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We had a strong reserve in n 2021 and 2022, not only have got two 2 point reserves, we are now getting a 4 pointer that has never ridden here before.

In hindsight yes. But no one really knew what Ben Cook was going to be like and Hume wasn't picked up by anyone else. Only had him as King recommended him. This is a similar risk. 

Max is going to be riding against other no7s he has faced in NL, apart from Plymouth. Not sure why you are writing Hagon off for either. He did well in the meeting Vs Swindon and was good for us at Scunny when he guested for Rowe and got paid 7. 

Listening to Rosco on Humans of Speedway podcast he rates him very highly and let's see who this final signing is before writing them off. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

In hindsight yes. But no one really knew what Ben Cook was going to be like and Hume wasn't picked up by anyone else. Only had him as King recommended him. This is a similar risk. 

Max is going to be riding against other no7s he has faced in NL, apart from Plymouth. Not sure why you are writing Hagon off for either. He did well in the meeting Vs Swindon and was good for us at Scunny when he guested for Rowe and got paid 7. 

Listening to Rosco on Humans of Speedway podcast he rates him very highly and let's see who this final signing is before writing them off. 

I seem to remember some years ago quite scary how long ago but we had  i think 2 unknowns called Hans Anderson and Krystoff Cigielski as reserves and they did pretty well so agree with you Lisa let's see how they get on.

Have to say as a Cheetahs fan , I think Poole are Looking strong for 24. Hagon will do

a decent job for you and you . I wouldn’t worry too much. Both Poole and Oxford looking good. Still teams to Declare yet but should be an exciting season and the new limit has certainly allowed space for the youngsters to come in

Yep I'd agree with the posts about Hagon, I think he'll do OK. I just think there will be stronger reserve pairings about, which puts a bit of pressure on the newcomer. That said the top four look by far the strongest in the league.

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I have never said anything about writing Hagon off, he has a lot of potential and could have a great season and I think he will, all i am saying is Perry is a big risk especially as he is coming back from injury.We could used Brennan's points better and had a more strength in depth team.