British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Where does it say he'll be at 2? Just an assumption by some at this stage.

However if he is a good starter then he could be 'protected' by the Rocketman (bonus king)?

Just trying to estimate what we could see as a return (points wise) from Thomsen.

looking at last season results if he is at 2 his 4 rides would complete in heat 10. He would get 3 rides with Lawson (knowing him he will do his best to get behind Thomsen IF possible to keep his GSA down). Sensible thinking by Lawson as BP not in GSA calculations and important to keep a workable GSA for attraction for teams the following season.

He would meet opposition 1,3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 once. The oppo 2 twice .

In theory should beat most of the reserves. Should hold up well against most of the other 2's so far announced as well as some of the 4's, Achieving a 4 point av may not be so difficult but maybe Lawson himself could keep Thomsen's  scores down a bit if riding off for the win or best placing.

All this is theory of course. Will be interesting to see how it pans out and who knows. He could become a reserve (Wolf) in sheeps clothing if he did. Swapping with Hagon.

53 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well as a sponsor he would know more than the average fan and would consequently would know more about other teams.

He sponsors Workington as well ?

37 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Nothing to do with knowledge of other teams. Darcy made it very clear - publicly- that his protégé would be Workington-bound when he came over., due to Tate's style and Aussie experience suiting the Worky  track better. 

Also nothing to do with Brennan becoming unexpectedly available after his rumoured absence from Championship ship racing in 2024. Neither were in Poole's original 1-7!

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

No of course not but I would expect him to know about other teams due to his links with Poole management.

59 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing to do with knowledge of other teams. Darcy made it very clear - publicly- that his protégé would be Workington-bound when he came over., due to Tate's style and Aussie experience suiting the Worky  track better. 

Also nothing to do with Brennan becoming unexpectedly available after his rumoured absence from Championship ship racing in 2024. Neither were in Poole's original 1-7!

So who was in Poole's original 1-7. Truthfully!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lewy said:

So who was in Poole's original 1-7. Truthfully!

The Fords always have 2or 3 'pencilled' teams. One was definitely Lawson, Cook, Cook, Rowe, Newman, Hagon, Perry = 37.81:t:

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The Fords always have 2or 3 'pencilled' teams. One was definitely Lawson, Cook, Cook, Rowe, Newman, Hagon, Perry = 37.81:t:

Agreed  I really thought that would be the team, I'm not pre judging the thomsen signing as I can't really see him not achieving his average or better,I think you have the best two 2pt riders available,it's going to be an interesting season for sure. 

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Looks a good side!

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Main reason being it is very close to a school, so that limits the time a bit. 

Not quite correct.

It is something that was decided as good manners by promoters not to run before 3.

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I would have gone with that! Rowe break through season, Newman reliable and knows every track. Reserves decent. 

Brennan is capable of improving but what we gain there we could lose with the Dane.

As for Thomsen, he is a 4 pointer and won’t make or break our season. Our top 4 are the best 4 in the league, no doubt about it. Our reserves match most clubs. Time will tell for next season but if he fails to at least score his average he won’t last long. 

13 minutes ago, Catalan said:

Not quite correct.

It is something that was decided as good manners by promoters not to run before 3.

Also I am assuming the rent would be higher if they were practicing during the week? 

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I would have gone with that! Rowe break through season, Newman reliable and knows every track. Reserves decent. 

Brennan is capable of improving but what we gain there we could lose with the Dane.

As for Thomsen, he is a 4 pointer and won’t make or break our season. Our top 4 are the best 4 in the league, no doubt about it. Our reserves match most clubs. Time will tell for next season but if he fails to at least score his average he won’t last long. 

Your top 4 are very good, as for your reserves some teams haven’t even finished team building yet so that’s nonsense and I certainly do not think your unproven reserves are better than hook and joe Thompson who most of your fellow fans wanted to keep.

Edited by Mike0310

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Anyone can sponsor worky, just get in touch with the promotion up in Cumbria :D

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Also I am assuming the rent would be higher if they were practicing during the week? 

Correct.