British Speedway Forum
longmeadow

Promoters Conference

On 10/19/2023 at 3:26 PM, HGould said:

3 days in Tenerife in 3rd week November apparently 

No chance of anybody quietly slipping back to Edinburgh on a train without paying their fare then??? :rofl:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GS550 said:

As I understand it those kind of decisions have already been made at the pre-meeting when anything of substance was discussed and agreed, and the Tenerife jaunt is just a holiday jolly @ reportedly £1,000 a head so if two joint promoters then as someone else observed on this thread that would be £2k per team, to rubber stamp in a quick meeting what they've already decided.  Totally unnecessary.

Why don't the minority professional promotions just refuse to attend if, as you say, there is nothing to discuss and decisions have already been made? 

2 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

Why don't the minority professional promotions just refuse to attend if, as you say, there is nothing to discuss and decisions have already been made? 

They fine you if you don't go, but if you go  and don't agree with the mafia they still out vote you, or if your new you don't get a vote for a few years 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Neila said:

They fine you if you don't go, but if you go  and don't agree with the mafia they still out vote you, or if your new you don't get a vote for a few years 

So who out of Godfrey , Louis, Bates and Danny Ford are 'the mafia'?

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So who out of Godfrey , Louis, Bates and Danny Ford are 'the mafia'?

All of them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

I suspect this year, with so few teams left, they wouldn't dare risk fining teams who didn't turn up. 

Of course, we don't have any actual evidence on BSF of clubs saying they don't want to go to Tenerife. 

9 hours ago, Neila said:

All of them 

Have you ever spoken to any of them at length and discussed speedway or is your opinion based on what is said on here . From my experience they don't always agree on the decisions made by the promoters but as the management committee they have to abide by the majority vote it's called democracy 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, GS550 said:

As I understand it those kind of decisions have already been made at the pre-meeting when anything of substance was discussed and agreed, and the Tenerife jaunt is just a holiday jolly @ reportedly £1,000 a head so if two joint promoters then as someone else observed on this thread that would be £2k per team, to rubber stamp in a quick meeting what they've already decided.  Totally unnecessary.

You keep repeating yourself over & over again.

My post was based on last years AGM(Nov '22) in RUGBY, ENGLAND with decisions changed at the last minute. Even Danny Ford mentioned to his local press a few days before the AGM that the points limit was 42.

Those going on about the cost need to get some perspective in the scheme of what it takes to put team together for a season

That £1k price being quoted is probably about the equivalent of 1 ride in 1 meeting to cover the likes of Emil Doyle Bewley Holder etc...

Even lower down its likely not even the cost of 1 meeting for a Championship heat leader

It really is irrelevant in the big picture 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

You keep repeating yourself over & over again.

My post was based on last years AGM(Nov '22) in RUGBY, ENGLAND with decisions changed at the last minute. Even Danny Ford mentioned to his local press a few days before the AGM that the points limit was 42.

To be fair I only answered your question.  Life's too short, take a chill pill.  Calm yourself down to a frenzy.  See a doctor.  B) 

Edited by GS550

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Those going on about the cost need to get some perspective in the scheme of what it takes to put team together for a season

That £1k price being quoted is probably about the equivalent of 1 ride in 1 meeting to cover the likes of Emil Doyle Bewley Holder etc...

Even lower down its likely not even the cost of 1 meeting for a Championship heat leader

It really is irrelevant in the big picture 

It's the principle.  No need for it to be in Tenerife.

31 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Even Danny Ford mentioned to his local press a few days before the AGM that the points limit was 42.

And 2H2A

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GS550 said:

So why does it have to be in Tenerife?  It doesn't.

Why not, why does it have to be in the UK like you’re demanding?

If it’s only costing £1k each to attend that’s not much money and I doubt many promoters get the chance to go away during the season.