British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Davis

Oxford Spires 2024

Magic is a big signing and will gate wherever he goes, the rest are prone to good and bad days as covered above. Boughen is a huge gamble at RS, yes plenty of potential/ability and could be a master stroke or could be a banana skin. Will he take kindly to 3 rides a meeting? is it a season too early? Will Atkins be cheesed off about the decision? Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Dark Horses imo.

Using real GSA's the team actually comes to 40.30 therefore it should be very competitive (Janowski must have been re-assessed)

I did wonder about that and think you're right - Can only be Janowski's that is different... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford Spires not competing in the KO Cup. Did we know about that?

Devalues the competition. If one club doesn’t care about the cup enough to enter then why should any of the other clubs or their fans care. Teams shouldn’t be picking and choosing if they enter the KO Cup or not. 

6 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Devalues the competition. If one club doesn’t care about the cup enough to enter then why should any of the other clubs or their fans care. Teams shouldn’t be picking and choosing if they enter the KO Cup or not. 

Yeah, as a fan, I would want to win the cup - so to not even be in it is a bit of a blow. I'm guessing there's been a lot of compromises from both sides (BSPA and Oxford) over running in all three leagues.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

Spires tickets £22 if bought in advance (£24 on the day). £2 more expensive than the Cheetahs.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Using real GSA's the team actually comes to 40.30 therefore it should be very competitive (Janowski must have been re-assessed)

I appreciate that the BSPA would not publicise reassessed averages prior to riders being signed. But after being signed why can't we all know the numbers?

40 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford Spires not competing in the KO Cup. Did we know about that?

I didn't.
I'm reminded of the case of Man U not taking part in the FA Cup some years ago and the outcry that followed their decision. I believe the rules were changed to prevent this happening again (?).

1 hour ago, Col said:

Very decent team, can see the reserve berth being a bit of hot potato with a different rider every month where that riders average sky rockets.  Can see all but Janowski potentially spending time there - it worked for the Panthers when they won the league in 2021.  I'm not a big Janowski fan, but it's good to have him back in UK league racing.

Chris Harris at reserve? He can then effectively "guest" for riders in his own team  :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Col said:

Very decent team, can see the reserve berth being a bit of hot potato with a different rider every month where that riders average sky rockets.  Can see all but Janowski potentially spending time there - it worked for the Panthers when they won the league in 2021.  I'm not a big Janowski fan, but it's good to have him back in UK league racing.

As a Poole fan, obviously I am a massive Janowski fan, don't what there is to dislike about him, committed, great rider, very entertaining and all round nice guy.  He certainly wont throw the towel in and quit after one bend like Nicki P. at Peterborough.

• Like 1

This is a terrible side .. What is more amazing is people on facebook etc   saying its a great side ..  i must have read the names wrong to me a bit and pieces side that will get crushed in heats 13  and 15 week in week out 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/17/2023 at 7:40 PM, Hooky said:

Janowski 
Harris
Klindt
Tungate 
Wright
Kerr
Boughen RS

Where’s K3scotty who laughed at this post? Looooooool

Strong all round line-up, not great heat-leaders like Sheffield and Ipswich, but worth a few trips up to Oxfam next year.

9 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Strong all round line-up, not great heat-leaders like Sheffield and Ipswich, but worth a few trips up to Oxfam next year.

A few Poole fans might be going to a few esp Vs Sheffield and BV I think to see some Prem action!