British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

10 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Good to see that Birmingham got 7 riders for Press Day

Birmingham.jpg

So Kate Middleton is now the official Team Photo Editor?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, iainb said:

I saw that and was intrigued. Are they planning on building a speedway track on top of the athletics track? The athletics track was a hell of an expensive track to lay down, and as soon as you "blue groove" down below the shale, you will risk destroying it. Or is the plan to build the track inside the athletics track and put an end to the field sports like Rugby League, that are played there now? Or is the plan to build a temporary track for every home fixture so that the rest of the stadium can be used in between speedway meetings? More questions than answers at the moment. But at least options are being explored.

10 hours ago, iainb said:

A none starter for a number of irrefutable reasons. At least it generates some publicity & awareness of the future plight facing the Brummies of not having a home for speedway. 

• Like 1

I think they made a mistake, surely the story should have been released to the press on April the 1st :D

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Pinny said:

One thing that has made me laugh on this thread is how people slam the rules yet want Pawlicki to turn up and "do a Kennett" so they can replace him with guests? 

Pawlicki missing is a big loss. I would still be shocked if he takes part in more than 6 meetings for Birmingham over a full season. 

Perhaps my O.P wasnt clear ?

I wasn't insinuating that B'ham 'should've' done a 'Kennett'.....more surprised that they didnt!?

As a 'supporter/watcher/follower/attendee' whatever the word may be.....I'm glad they didnt and am looking forward to seeing Scott Nicholls ride!(He is 'brilliant' around Perry Barr!)

Nicholls/Cook /Brennan and Flint are the only signings that I would've made!

I like Worrall and think he's a very good steady Eddie...but there are way better riders in his positon....

Apologies, as my post is slipping in to the 'predictions thread'!

Edited by GiveusaB

7 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

A none starter for a number of irrefutable reasons. At least it generates some publicity & awareness of the future plight facing the Brummies of not having a home for speedway. 

Agreed....Leicester can expect at least 'one' new supporter of speedway through the gate !:t: (don't change your club colours) :rofl:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

So Kate Middleton is now the official Team Photo Editor?

She could always pop in at Perry Barr when hubby is at Villa for the footie! :D

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Edited by Lefty
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Why would Pawlicki serve a 28 day ban? He’s apparently injured so not withholding his services and has been replaced in the 1-7 with a short term replacement. 

Isn't his point that if he rides in Poland but doesn't return for Birmingham then he'll be deemed to be withholding services?

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Isn't his point that if he rides in Poland but doesn't return for Birmingham then he'll be deemed to be withholding services?

No. Because he’s not in Birmingham’s 1-7

15 hours ago, iainb said:

When will these promotors ever learn? Before a wheel has even been turned, they serve up an absolute crap team and already threatening the “if fans don’t turn up every week, then we won’t be racing next year” line. Who had that on their bingo card before the end of March?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

When will these promotors ever learn? Before a wheel has even been turned, they serve up an absolute crap team and already threatening the “if fans don’t turn up every week, then we won’t be racing next year” line. Who had that on their bingo card before the end of March?

So true! :t:

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

No. Because he’s not in Birmingham’s 1-7

He's been replaced by Nicholls as an injury replacement so there's no ban that is appropriate 

If he starts riding in Poland but not in Birmingham then that's a different matter 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, noaksey said:

He's been replaced by Nicholls as an injury replacement so there's no ban that is appropriate 

If he starts riding in Poland but not in Birmingham then that's a different matter 

Zielona Gora practised in Poland today, minus Piotr Pawlicki who didn’t take part

Starting to think Tolley is a bit of a dreamer with his Alexandra  Stadium  story.It’s a pie in the sky story IMO.Money seems no object,yet he can’t persuade Top riders into the Club as it is.

• Like 1