British Speedway Forum
eric i

The Tarasenko 5 point Rule.

I didn't see any new rules from the AGM to prevent riders of Tarasenko's ability entering the Championship on a 5 point average.

2 hours ago, eric i said:

I didn't see any new rules from the AGM to prevent riders of Tarasenko's ability entering the Championship on a 5 point average.

I believe the 2024 Rule Book will include conversion rates for assessed PL to CL averages, and all foreign Leagues averages too.

• Like 1

Cat Rider Participates In                                                           Premiership League Average Championship League Average

1 Any rider who has been an FIM GP rider for 2 consecutive seasons within the last 5 seasons (excluding wild card riders and a reserve rider who has competed in 2 or less FIM GP rounds in any one season) 8.00 12.00 this rider would only be considered dependent on fixture clashes

2 Polish Ekstraliga with an average of 6.00 or above. 7.50 11.25 this rider would only be considered dependent on fixture clashes

3 • Polish Ekstraliga with an average of between 3.00 and 5.99 • Polish League 1 with a published average of 6.00 or above. 6.00 8.50 this rider would only be considered dependent on fixture clashes

4 • Polish Ekstraliga with an average of 2.99 or below • Polish League 1 with a published average of 5.99 or below • Polish League 2 with a published average of 6.00 or above • Swedish Elitserian League published average of 6.00 or above. 4.50 6.00 this rider would only be considered dependent on fixture clashes

5 • Polish League 2 with a published average of 5.99 or below • Under 24 Polish League only • Swedish Elitserian League published average of 5.99 or below • Swedish Alsvensken League • Danish Super League. 4.00 5.00 this rider would only be considered dependent on fixture clashes

6 Not participated in a professional league 3.50 4.00

So if these rules existed last year, Tarasenko would have come in on an 11.25 instead of 5.

Edited by eric i

The start tart cheats get an extra minute so 3 guys can come running out the pits to fuel up, one to fan the clutch one to fan said cheater,happy days !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

The start tart cheats get an extra minute so 3 guys can come running out the pits to fuel up, one to fan the clutch one to fan said cheater,happy days !

I don't mind that as long as the 2 minutes are applied strictly. The rule is now at the tapes ready to race so just being on the track on the way to the start line then a minute of on the bike off the bike dancing should become a thing of the past.

But I'm sure it will become in the best interest of speedway to turn the clock off if there is any danger of having to put a star name out of any race

On 2/3/2024 at 3:55 AM, Technik said:

I don't mind that as long as the 2 minutes are applied strictly. The rule is now at the tapes ready to race so just being on the track on the way to the start line then a minute of on the bike off the bike dancing should become a thing of the past.

But I'm sure it will become in the best interest of speedway to turn the clock off if there is any danger of having to put a star name out of any race

Given the star names are used to this procedure in Poland and GPS I doubt they will be the ones caught out

On 2/2/2024 at 5:55 PM, Technik said:

Don’t think that will happen.Used in Poland for years.Anybody that falls foul will soon learn.Good rule should have been brought in years ago.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 1:54 PM, Fromafar said:

Don’t think that will happen.Used in Poland for years.Anybody that falls foul will soon learn.Good rule should have been brought in years ago.

The rule always used to be "At the tapes ready to race at the expiry of the 2 minute allowance" but this was never enforced & gardening time was allowed & as the meeting went on 2 minutes gets closer to 5 minutes as we reach the big races.

The clock has been about for a good while & is used to great effect in the FIM events as well as Polish Swedish & Danish leagues but as our TV meetings have shown it gets turned off if it nears 15 seconds whilst the riders continue to dig their start area & the time is extended.

If it is used correctly all races will start within 2 minutes & the regular offenders will soon fall into line as they have in other leagues.

1 hour ago, Technik said:

The rule always used to be "At the tapes ready to race at the expiry of the 2 minute allowance" but this was never enforced & gardening time was allowed & as the meeting went on 2 minutes gets closer to 5 minutes as we reach the big races.

The clock has been about for a good while & is used to great effect in the FIM events as well as Polish Swedish & Danish leagues but as our TV meetings have shown it gets turned off if it nears 15 seconds whilst the riders continue to dig their start area & the time is extended.

If it is used correctly all races will start within 2 minutes & the regular offenders will soon fall into line as they have in other leagues.

I beg to differ. The old rule was that a rider had to be on track and making his way towards the tapes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I beg to differ. The old rule was that a rider had to be on track and making his way towards the tapes.

Agree .

18 hours ago, Gambo said:

That is correct. It was changed to being on track within the two minutes after the ban on riding in the centre green was imposed. And that was imposed because of at least two incidents when people legitimately on the centre green were nearly hit by a rider racing across to try not to exceed the two minutes. 
I’m assuming that the centre green rule still applies, so the reversion to the previous rule whilst still banning riding on the centre green should both maintain safety and speed up proceedings. 

33 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

That is correct. It was changed to being on track within the two minutes after the ban on riding in the centre green was imposed. And that was imposed because of at least two incidents when people legitimately on the centre green were nearly hit by a rider racing across to try not to exceed the two minutes. 
I’m assuming that the centre green rule still applies, so the reversion to the previous rule whilst still banning riding on the centre green should both maintain safety and speed up proceedings. 

The problem with a change from 'on the track, under power' to 'at the tapes' is the huge difference in distance from pit gate to tapes at (say) Ippo or Sheffield to that at KL, BV or even Plymouth........ 

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

The problem with a change from 'on the track, under power' to 'at the tapes' is the huge difference in distance from pit gate to tapes at (say) Ippo or Sheffield to that at KL, BV or even Plymouth........ 

The furthest is probably 3/4 of a lap away so 15 seconds should do it. 

On 2/9/2024 at 7:02 PM, Gambo said:

I won't disagree & will conceed that your reply was the rule in most recent seasons. However as I suggest the rule was as I stated in seasons prior.

With the starting procedure being updated for the coming season & all tracks having a clock there should be no reason for any rider not being ready within the time allowance

39 minutes ago, Technik said:

I won't disagree & will conceed that your reply was the rule in most recent seasons. However as I suggest the rule was as I stated in seasons prior.

With the starting procedure being updated for the coming season & all tracks having a clock there should be no reason for any rider not being ready within the time allowance

I was assuming the clock would be on the track, facing the fans. But nevertheless, stopwatches have been around for a while, so you’d think someone on every team would already keep track once the two minute signal is activated.