British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king junior

Scuntffield 2024

Thinking of some early rider options from the Scunthorpe point of view - Ryan Kinsley, Luke Harrison, Nathan Ablitt 

4 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

thats an awful topic name

It was a toss up between Sheffthorpe or Scuntffield. Just felt Scuntffield was most appropriate.

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

It was a toss up between Sheffthorpe or Scuntffield. Just felt Scuntffield was most appropriate.

How about steel town stags when at scunny and steel town prowlers at Sheffield 

7 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

According to the Speedway GB site it's Scunthorpe Stags and Sheffield Tiger Cubs 

Half and half race jacket? Or as there will be an odd number of home fixtures who gets the larger slice?

In reality one club is going to host two NDL fixtures which isn't really enough to generate much interest so i suspect the crowds will be woefully small. 

8 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

thats an awful topic name

No it's not! It's the greatest ever! All we need is a suitable nickname... Like the "Sheffc****s"...

41 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Half and half race jacket? Or as there will be an odd number of home fixtures who gets the larger slice?

In reality one club is going to host two NDL fixtures which isn't really enough to generate much interest so i suspect the crowds will be woefully small. 

Sorry if I'm being cynical, but the chairman of the board is promoting a club which is going to hold half the development fixtures of any other club apart from Sheffield.

12 hours ago, False dawn said:

Sorry if I'm being cynical, but the chairman of the board is promoting a club which is going to hold half the development fixtures of any other club apart from Sheffield.

Outrageous, next you will be saying that at the end of the year the Chairman (along with anther powerful table member) will be saying that NDL is unviable at the end of season due to poor crowds.....just wait to the teams are announced and see how many NL graduates feature in each, a fact that is forgotten by many. 

15 hours ago, False dawn said:

Let’s face it, he’s only putting a team in to make up the numbers to keep the NDL going and obviously needed a helping push to do that, but at least that is doing something !

• Like 1

He is not going to make a push for more youth racing then not put a team in given the racing opportunities at the EWR.

On 11/30/2023 at 9:29 PM, False dawn said:

Got to agree. He should be leading the way so I'm assuming he was one of those who were not keen to go down the development road.

1 hour ago, edmon said:

Got to agree. He should be leading the way so I'm assuming he was one of those who were not keen to go down the development road.

Surely he’s leading the way… practice sessions ran virtually 3 weekends a month, amateur meetings regularly, track private hires with many youth/pre ndl riders using the track… this ventures a good move imo and hopefully it works out for both clubs 

• Like 3