British Speedway Forum
szkocjasid

Edinburgh Monarchs Academy 2024

17 minutes ago, Binman said:

If your that good why sign riders from so far away

Cause you can’t put 10 year olds in the NDL on a 125cc can you.

Also no local riders riders available, obviously you’ve not got much of a clue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Edinburgh joining the NDL have been the absolute worst, how do they have so much influence? 

We won't run if we can't have Hook, our teams garbage but if you up the limit a little we can squeeze in a half decent rider. Perry has been available all winter they could have just opted against Watson or Wood. 

Might not be the ones driving them into the NDL coffin but they have been providing plenty of nails.

That's a little bit dramatic. I don't have a problem with it personally. It's a sensible decision and it's hardly going to turn the competitive order of the NDL on its head.

If Max didn't have an NDL ride, it would really undermine the point of the league. This is one of the better accommodations the authorities have made, for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cause you can’t put 10 year olds in the NDL on a 125cc can you.

Also no local riders riders available, obviously you’ve not got much of a clue.

More of a clue than you think no local riders beg to differ just not the ones you don't want

Edited by Binman
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

That's a little bit dramatic. I don't have a problem with it personally. It's a sensible decision and it's hardly going to turn the competitive order of the NDL on its head.

If Max didn't have an NDL ride, it would really undermine the point of the league. This is one of the better accommodations the authorities have made, for me.

Would agree with that. It would be a real shame if a very young rider like Max was squeezed out of an NDL place for the sake of 0.05 points. Many believe that 36 point limit is too low anyway and the 36.25 or even 36.50 limit would allow more flexibility if required.   Second decimal point rejection in a Development League such as this does seem a bit harsh when a young rider's future career prospects rely on at least 10 competitive matches at NDL level to gain valuable track time.

28 minutes ago, Binman said:

More of a clue than you think no local riders beg to differ just not the ones you don't want

Please tell me the local riders we didn’t want then? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

The whole league is being undermined by the inclusion of riders on low averages after shocking seasons, riders from across the globe who offer little to enhance british speedway. Yes Perry should have had a team place and anyone was free to signing him instead of thier current choices. Edinburgh stamped thier feet again and got thier own way. 

Doesn't bother me, im done with speedway. Nothing to interest me in the farcical NDL this season and higher leagues are just as comical. Was fun while it lasted.

58 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Would agree with that. It would be a real shame if a very young rider like Max was squeezed out of an NDL place for the sake of 0.05 points. Many believe that 36 point limit is too low anyway and the 36.25 or even 36.50 limit would allow more flexibility if required.   Second decimal point rejection in a Development League such as this does seem a bit harsh when a young rider's future career prospects rely on at least 10 competitive matches at NDL level to gain valuable track time.

Not really bothered ,but why did no one sign him to start with and build accordingly.Seems strange to alter the rules now.Glad he got spot though ,he’s got more potential than a lot of others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The whole league is being undermined by the inclusion of riders on low averages after shocking seasons, riders from across the globe who offer little to enhance british speedway. Yes Perry should have had a team place and anyone was free to signing him instead of thier current choices. Edinburgh stamped thier feet again and got thier own way. 

Doesn't bother me, im done with speedway. Nothing to interest me in the farcical NDL this season and higher leagues are just as comical. Was fun while it lasted.

So why "bother" posting then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Not really bothered ,but why did no one sign him to start with and build accordingly.Seems strange to alter the rules now.Glad he got spot though ,he’s got more potential than a lot of others.

Perhaps teams, other than Poole, were concerned about his fitness, both physically and mentally, after his horrendous crash last season? 

Time will tell. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

It does seem to bother you. Weird thing to push you over the edge though.

• Like 1

I'm torn on this one, it's absolutely a common sense decision as we don't want riders like Perry missing out and its essentially a training/development league but as a look for speedway in general its not good. 

All in all though it's a better outcome than the lad not racing in the NL. 

• Like 1

I think the salient point is that the allowance was granted with the full agreement of every other team in the league.   It's called democracy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I think the salient point is that the allowance was granted with the full agreement of every other team in the league.   It's called democracy. 

I can see your point and pleased Perry has got a NL ride, so not anti it being done, but I'd have a bet during the season that when there's an injury or a possibility of a team change(s) caused by an injury etc and it comes in at 36.25 not 36 that the precedent set would make it difficult not to allow it even if it didn't have all teams in agreement. 

5 hours ago, gazzac said:

I can see your point and pleased Perry has got a NL ride, so not anti it being done, but I'd have a bet during the season that when there's an injury or a possibility of a team change(s) caused by an injury etc and it comes in at 36.25 not 36 that the precedent set would make it difficult not to allow it even if it didn't have all teams in agreement. 

This isn’t a one-off adjustment, the seasonal points limit has been increased.

NATIONAL Development League clubs have unanimously agreed to a slight increase to this season’s points limit.

The mark had been set at 36 following the third tier’s AGM last November, but it has now been raised to 36.25.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

This isn’t a one-off adjustment, the seasonal points limit has been increased.

NATIONAL Development League clubs have unanimously agreed to a slight increase to this season’s points limit.

The mark had been set at 36 following the third tier’s AGM last November, but it has now been raised to 36.25.

Thanks, somehow missed that bit.