British Speedway Forum
tocha

Peter Craven Memorial Trophy - Monday 18th March.

10 hours ago, DazS said:

excellent replacement look forward to seeing him ride Bellevue, think he will go well.

With all due respect to Becker who is a decent rider, this change makes the meeting more interesting. We’ve been watching Becker for years now and know all about him, Wojdylo not so much after only a brief stint with Peterborough. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, emilali said:

£14.99 for a stream online is absolutely scandalous in my opinion and will put quite a few off I would have thought! 

i do think its too much to pay to stream

but think of a fan whos working today and has a 3 to 400 mile round trip 

might be worth it to some 

sadly im working tonight so cant make it or even stream it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, emilali said:

£14.99 for a stream online is absolutely scandalous in my opinion and will put quite a few off I would have thought! 

I thought it was quite fair. If you think  Leicester are changing £12.99 for a league meeting. £14.99 for an individual meeting with 20 heats and SF and final, is good value imo. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

i do think its too much to pay to stream

but think of a fan whos working today and has a 3 to 400 mile round trip 

might be worth it to some 

sadly im working tonight so cant make it or even stream it 

amazing what some fans find to moan about :rolleyes: this is a class field GP standard and BSN providing a service for the fans who can't travel also the weather today is glorious dry spring sunshine so the track will be in great shape for these brilliant riders !!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

amazing what some fans find to moan about :rolleyes: this is a class field GP standard and BSN providing a service for the fans who can't travel also the weather today is glorious dry spring sunshine so the track will be in great shape for these brilliant riders !!

Having an opinion that something is too expensive isn't necessarily moaning though is it? Not sure I'd call it a GP standard field either.

Anyway I hope its a good meeting for those who go or buy the stream.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

it does have a girl riding though.:rofl:

Bit surprised to see Celina Lieberman in this class field. Hope she does well, if she doesn’t she shouldn’t be judged too harshly. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, emilali said:

Extra heats than a league meeting and usually good value with the 6 rider final! Cheaper than attending in person and BSN usually good coverage. Invite a friend and split it! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AceBelle said:

You might want to have a closer look at the GP fields if you think this is a GP standard field.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought it was quite fair. If you think  Leicester are changing £12.99 for a league meeting. £14.99 for an individual meeting with 20 heats and SF and final, is good value imo. 

Thats the beauty of an opinion I suppose.

8 hours ago, emilali said:

I personally don't think it too bad a price to pay, a quality field, and a 6 man final, saves me a 300-mile £50  round trip and £25 admission money 

• Like 2

whats the weather like wondering if its worth  while buying the stream 

3 minutes ago, davie10 said:

whats the weather like wondering if its worth  while buying the stream 

Its been a dry day and sunny, washing out on the line. Sunday was not too bad either, not as good as Monday but not too bad.

Personally, knowing its BV track, I think the track will be fine.  I wouldnt have the same confidence about other tracks.

1 hour ago, Neila said:

I personally don't think it too bad a price to pay, a quality field, and a 6 man final, saves me a 300-mile £50  round trip and £25 admission money 

Plus a rip off £5 to park car:wink:

No speedway stream should be more than £10 when you can a Championship football match for that price. I would’ve paid £10 but essentially £15 is too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2